What's new

Davey & Goliath: More on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There were about 65 15-minute shorts, and about 7 30-minute shorts during those 15 years.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Reviving an old thread, I never did see any mention of D&G released last year.

Does anyone have any new information on what's up with the release? I hope the new special last year did well on the Hallmark Channel.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Updates:
Tommy Nelson, the children’s division of Thomas Nelson, Inc., signed-on in February 2005 as the distributor of Davey and Goliath for DVD and home entertainment in the CBA and religious markets. Initial releases to the CBA and other religious markets are schedule for Summer 2005.
Starlight Home Entertainment teams-up with the ELCA as a non-exclusive licensee to distribute a one-time special double-disk DVD consisting of a compilation of classic Davey and Goliath episodes, special and bonus material to the general retail market. This extraordinary compilation is slated for release in Summer 2005.
Davey & Goliath Official Website
Good news!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We now have a date for the first DVD that Starlight Home Entertainment is releasing: June 7, 2005.
Description
This first Special 2-Disc Collector’s Edition features the all-time classic episodes, "The Kite," "Finders Keepers," "Blind Man’s Bluff," and "Stranded on an Island," plus the 30-minute special, "To The Rescue"!
DVD BONUS MATERIAL:
· "Oh Davey!...History of the Davey and Goliath Television Series": The 60-minute documentary that was broadcast on ABC television and includes the history of "Davey and Goliath," interviews with the original creators and special "behind the scenes" footage of the making of the all new "Davey and Goliath’s Snowboard Christmas!"

This is good news, I was hoping they would release Oh Davey! on DVD.
I hope they will add the Mountain Dew commercial in Volume Two!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just found out about Davey and Goliath's Holiday Spectacular, coming to DVD on October 18, 2005.
72.jpg

THIS SET INCLUDES VOLUMES 2, 3, AND 4 OF DAVEY & GOLIATH
Volume 2: Learning About Caring For Others:
Six Classic Episodes
-The Zillion Dollar Combo
-Good Neighbor
-The Wild Goat
-Big Apple
-Ready or Not
-Kum BaYa
BONUS FEATURES:
-30-Minute Special: Halloween Who-Dun It?
-A Davey and Goliath Interactive Read-A-Long
-A Complete Guide of All 65 Classic Episodes and 6 Classic Specials
-Hansen Family Portraits
Volume 3: Learning About Forgiveness
Six Classic Episodes
-Officer Bob
-The Runaway
-Lemonade Stand
-Bully Up A Tree
-Doghouse Dreamhouse
-Jeep In The Deep
BONUS FEATURES:
-30-Minute Special: Christmas Lost and Found
-Five Downloadable DVD-Rom Coloring Pages
-Hansen Family Portraits
Davey and Goliath Volume 4: Helping Each Other
Six Classic Episodes
-A Diller A Dollar
-Boy In Trouble
-Who, Me?
-Who’s George?
-Rags and Buttons
-The Dog Show
BONUS FEATURES:
-30-Minute Special: New Year Promise
-Five Downloadable DVD-Rom Maze Games

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like there will be two more Tommy Nelson, Inc. DVD sets of Davey and Goliath coming out October 31:
1400307945.jpg

Episodes:
* The Kite
* On the Line
* All Alone
* The Pilgrim Boy
1400307953.jpg

Episodes:
* The Silver Mine
* Boy Lost
* Sudden Storm
* The Bell Ringer
Enjoy!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't find any information on it, but Amazon is announcing a new Davey & Goliath DVD coming out:
Davey and Goliath:Lost Episodes
List Price: $16.99
Format: DVD
Product Details
* Format: Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC
* Region: Unknown.
* Number of discs: 1
* Rating NR
* Studio: Starlight Home Entertainment
* DVD Release Date: September 19, 2006
* Run Time: 60 minutes
* ASIN: B000GRUN3G
Interesting thing is Amazon is misspelling Goliath's name!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon is now saying that Davey & Goliath: The Lost Episodes will be released this year, on September 25, 2007. While I am not holding my breath, I do hope it does get released eventually. And they fixed the mispelling too!
htf_imgcache_8540.jpeg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Maybe old news to some of you, but looks like "Davey & Goliath: The Lost Episodes" will finally come out this year! TvshowsonDVD has the new cover art, and they say it should be coming out on April 7th.
Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Rodney said:
Maybe old news to some of you, but looks like "Davey & Goliath: The Lost Episodes" will finally come out this year! TvshowsonDVD has the new cover art, and they say it should be coming out on April 7th.
Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
I pre-ordered this latest set the moment Gord's site listed it a few weeks ago. I had it pre-ordered the first time it was supposed to be released as well. Definitely something I'm looking forward to.
Gary "can't wait for this one - hope it actually makes it this time" O.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I see that there are 4 volumes of Davey and Goliath coming out on February 23, 2010.
I haven't been able to find out much about these, but I am afraid that they may be the same 4 volumes that Starlight came out with in 2005, rather than new releases.

Does anyone else have any information on these? I didn't find anything on tvshowsondvd.

-Rodney

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
More releases for Davey and Goliath fans, though it appears to me that all of these episodes have been released previously. Looks like you can get these at Walmart.com and Amazon as well as direct from Bridgestone.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]This 50th Anniversary Edition -- containing 90 minutes of fun-loving entertainment, including some Lost Episodes[/COLOR]© -- is available from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America through [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)] Bridgestone Media Group[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Six (15-minute) episodes explore topics such as faith, love, honor and respect from the perspective of a little boy named Davey[/COLOR]® and his talking dog Goliath® (whom, of course, only Davey can hear.)
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]We hope you and your family enjoy the 50th Anniversary Edition from the beloved Davey and Goliath television series. Look for more episodes to be released soon. For more information visit [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)] www.daveyandgoliath.org[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)].[/COLOR]

50th Anniversary Edition – Volume 1

• Lost in a Cave

• Stranded on an Island

• The Wild Goat

• The Winner

• The New Skates

• Cousin Barney (Lost Episode)

50th Anniversary Edition – Volume 2

• The Kite

• The Mechanical Man

• The Time Machine

• On the Line

• The Polka Dot Tie (Lost Episodes)

• All Alone

50th Anniversary Edition – Volume 3

• The Silver Mine

• A Sudden Storm

• Boy Lost

• Pilgrim Boy

• Ten Pin Alley

• Bell Ringer

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I'm a huge D&G fan. I'd bought most of the scattered DVD releases over the years. I had no idea that Bridgestone has released ALL the episodes on 12 volumes. So, I took the plunge today and ordered directly from their website. Looking forward to finally seeing all of these (especially the longer specials)!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by handley /t/16664/davey-goliath-more-on-dvd/30#post_4000951
I'm a huge D&G fan. I'd bought most of the scattered DVD releases over the years. I had no idea that Bridgestone has released ALL the episodes on 12 volumes. So, I took the plunge today and ordered directly from their website. Looking forward to finally seeing all of these (especially the longer specials)!

You won't be disappointed, Paul. I bought the entire set earlier this year and am loving it. And the specials, especially the Christmas episode, are fantastic.

Gary "imho you can't go wrong with classics like these" O.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I had no idea all of D & G had been released either. I have bought some of the earlier releases, but they started double dipping and I eventually decided to wait before getting any more. I noticed they have some DVD-R sets available on Amazon, but it sounds like you are referring to something different. Are you certain these volumes contain the complete series. If so, I will want to pick up these 12 volumes, too.

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
ChrisALM said:
I had no idea all of D & G had been released either. I have bought some of the earlier releases, but they started double dipping and I eventually decided to wait before getting any more. I noticed they have some DVD-R sets available on Amazon, but it sounds like you are referring to something different. Are you certain these volumes contain the complete series. If so, I will want to pick up these 12 volumes, too.
Yep, the set I ordered yesterday appears to be the complete series (perhaps Gary can back me up on this). I noticed that Amazon has the complete set broken down into two sets (Vol. 1-6 & Vol. 7-12). I was going to order from Amazon, but noticed that Bridgestone had the entire series (Vol 1-12) available for a bit less money (about $70, shipping included).

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
From the sets I originally bought, I have been able to acquire 40 of a total of 65 (15) minute episodes. In addition, I have 4 of the 6 (30) minute specials. There is one other episode listed as a special that is 15 minutes long, and it is available only from Augsburg Fortress. (Not sure what that is all about). This info is from the Davey and Goliath website.

What I did not realize is that there is now a set of Vol 1-12 available, which upon reading the outside of the box artwork says, 65 episodes and 6 specials. So, it would appear that the this set is complete, with the exception of the 1 (15) minute special, "The Family of God", available only through Augsburg Fortress. I am hoping Gary will confirm all of this, too.

I had previously purchased some of my Davey and Goliath sets at Christianbook.com at very reasonable prices. So, I checked their website, and they currently have the 12 volume set priced at 59.99, not including shipping. BTW, the outside of the box says this is the 50th anniversary edition and the studio is Bridgestone. So, it must be the same set.

I am glad you posted about this as I had not heard about the 12 volume set. Thanks, Paul.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Yes, the 12 volume set is complete (with the one exception noted by Chris). I highly recommend it to anyone interested in this classic series.

Gary "my thanks to Paul as well for mentioning the Bridgestone set - I should have done that months ago when I received my set" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks