What's new

Dave's Video to become DVD Planet (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Details are sketchy at this point but I'm hearing that DVD Planet is either buying out Dave's Video or maybe they're just taking the location. Either way, DVD Planet will soon have a location at the corner of Ventura & Laurel Canyon.

Jeff

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I've never been to Daves, way over the hill for me, but have and still go to Laser Blazer.

DVDPlanet just moved into their new location so I would bet they are just opening up another location, with a built in clientele base.

They do carry everything!:D

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The rumor I heard last week (from a very reputable source) was that Kevin Smith was thinking about taking over the spot and putting in a DVD/comic book store.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Awe-frickin-some! :D

I have a friend in Huntington Beach that I visit fairly regularly (once a month) but it's a long way to drive (45 miles of nasty 405 fwy) for DVDPlanet and I usually only go there every other time I visit him. If they do add the location in the valley it's less than half the distance to me! Hope they don't just up and move out of HB though or my friend is going to be spending more time coming over to my place!

Hope this comes true...

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
I personally don't care much for comics bookstores (even if they are run by Kevin Smith) but I'm dying for LA to get a decent DVD discount store. Since Dave's demise, there seems to be nothing left to do but hop from BB to Costco to Tower --not very good choices for a city this size. I hope to God DVD Planet gets an outlet here.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Laser Blazer on the Westside does a good job-- 25% off all new titles and a decent used selection. I've been buying there since I started collecting laserdiscs ('94).

Daniel*T

Auditioning
I really hope the Studio City store does become a DVD Planet. I love the DVD Planet store in Orange County, but it's too far of a drive for me to visit it regularly. I'm typically a Laser Blazer customer (and will remain so), but it's always nice to have a second option. Plus, you can't beat DVD Planet's prices for Criterions, so they'd definitely get my business for any Criterion discs I buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks