What's new

Dave Thomas... gone (..sniff..) (1 Viewer)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Very sad considering he was such philanthropic man. I will eat at Wendy's this week in his honor.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
:angry: Bummer. Wendy's is one of my favorite restaurants. Dave, thank you for the unique, tasty square burgers and the "Where's the beef?" commercials I grew up with. You will be missed.

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
I had the good fortune of meeting Mr Thomas a few years ago while he was accepting an degree from one of our universities and I must say that he was a wonderful man that was full of enthusiam towards business and especially his life.I will cherish those few moments forever.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I read of his passing in the WSJ this morning. I will miss his unique blend of 'down home' commercials and quiet demeanor he had in them.

RicP

Screenwriter
A true example of what any American can accomplish. A man of the people and responsible for some great food and memorable ads.

We'll miss you Dave.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
That's too bad. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. Whenever I felt like a fast food burger, it was usually a Wendy's...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to Wendy's too. Such a personable guy. I will miss his commercials. (did I just say that? surprisingly, I think it's true). :frowning:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
He was a terrible actor, but he seemed like a great guy.

I'll have a 99 cent quarter pounder in his honor; it's the best burger for under a dollar that I've ever had.

/Mike

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
We were discussing his passing at lunch today (no, not at Wendy's) and someone wondered out loud: "Wouldn't it be ironic if he died from a massive coronary brought on by eating too much fast food?"

Would that effect sales?

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I heard it on the radio as I was out and about getting a new washing machine part. I made sure to stop by Wendy's on the way home and I picked up a Quarter Pound Double Stack with Cheese in Dave's honor, and dammit it was the best I ever had!

Thank you Dave!

SteveA

Supporting Actor
It was a massive heart attack that killed him. A wise man once said:

"He who lives by the burger, shall die by the burger..."

In honor of Dave Thomas' life - and death - I will eat a Wendy's Grilled Chicken Salad today!

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Liver cancer? I stand corrected. I heard on the radio this morning that he had a quadruple bypass surgery a few years back and there was speculation that it was a heart attack that killed him.

Since it wasn't a heart attack, I will now eat a Big Bacon Deluxe tonight instead of a Grilled Chicken Salad.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
The Frostys are on me, fellas... hah

I'm looking at a Double Cheeseburger and a Zantac 75 for dinner.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Frostys (Frosties?) kick all the other chains 'shakes' butts. I could go for one now.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks