Dave Poehlman inspired me! DIY Media Storage

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ronnie Ferrell, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

reference thread

Dave Poehlman asked a few questions last week about DIY DVD storage shelves. He inspired me to use up some scrap MDF I have had around for a while. This cost me all of $4. The only thing I had to purchase was the backer-board. Not bad for $4 and a Saturday in the shop!

Dave, this is what I was talking about letting your space dictate the shelving size! The bottom shelf is sized for Disney VHS tapes, the middle 4 shelves for VHS and DVDs, and the top 4 shelves for CDs.

Now to paint it in about a year!

[c][​IMG][/c]

2. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Ronnie:
    Schweet !!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Joe L.

Joe L. Stunt Coordinator

Nice work... Now that you are organized and can find the title you want, it will be easier to settle down for a movie.

Looks like you are going to need to build another soon since your DVD collection has already grown larger than your new storage unit [​IMG] . On well, another hour or two in the workshop and you can build an extension...

Joe L.

4. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

how wobbly is that, seems rather narrow and tall.

5. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

It's not at all wobbly. I thought it might be because of the height. I was planning on anchoring it to the wall with a small L-bracket at the top but I am not going to now. It leans nicely against the wall. I would not put it out in the middle of a room though.

Ronnie