What's new

Dave Matthews Band leaks in Chicago (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Main Story

Basically their tour bus emptied out its septic tank in a bridge grate that poured all over a tour boat that was traveling underneath. Passengers got soaked with 800 pouunds of stinking human waste.

Almost didn't post this story but found this.

Notice the date... wonder if he was honored or not it turned out to be the human waste of the DMB. :laugh:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Jimmy Kimmel said "at least it wasn't Korn's tour bus..."
laugh.gif

Okay, it certainly wasn't funny for those on the bus, but damn, if it had been Korn's...
eek.gif

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
The funny thing is that Dave Matthews Band is known as being "environmentially friendly."

The thing I hate is that despite being caught by eyewitnesses and on surveillance tape, they are still in denial. I hope the city fines them big time, and I'm sure there will be civil suits filed by some of the passengers who got a mouthful of human waste.

As the Trib said today in an editorial, "Dave, you can do this the easy way or the hard way."

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
i dont get the korn jokes. whats so nasty about korn's excrement?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't think Dave & Co. go around trying to dump their...dumps at people. It's actually either the driver or someone else (his helper) who decides when to do that. Also, having been to a few DMB shows, they have multiple busses, so it may not even have been the one they (the band) were on, but some of their roadies or equipment.

I'm NOT trying to excuse them, but just showing how this could happen. I certainly hope that no one here thinks that Dave says "hey, we're over a bridge! Dump the crap!"

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
To be fair, this matter has NOTHING to do with the band or Dave Matthews himself. If the driver did dump the waste into the river, then it was the driver's decision alone and should not reflect on the band.

As mentioned earlier, the band has an admirable record for charity work and environmental concerns.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there some kid/teen who got shoved to the ground when he followed Dave and co. to a store on 5th ave. in NYC? The kid wanted Dave to autograph his gtr. and Dave's security just shoved through, lnocked kid down and gtr. got broken I think Dave and co. sped off. I can't remeber where I saw this but there were photos...

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Yeah the kid who got pushed was some guy who sells autographed items. His story seemed highly unlikely to me. I believe he said that all he did was ask for an autograph and then the bodyguard picked him up and slammed him into a concrete pillar and then threw him to the ground. But who knows, although I never heard anything else about that story after it initially happened.

The original article was at nypost.com but the link I found is dead now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks