Dave Matthews Band in hi-rez?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ron Reda, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Does anyone know if we'll ever get to hear some DMB on SACD or DVD-A? I'd love to hear UTTAD and BTCS in hi-rez!

2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Dave has been announced as an upcoming DVD-A from RCA/BMG. The original annoucement was nebulous, noting only that his new album to be the title. I am not sure if this means it wil be Some Devil or another new album with the band.

J

3. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I guess it will most likely be SD. That's good news as far as hearing Dave in hi-rez, but I would much rather have him/him and the band on SACD. While I enjoy the sonics on DVD-A discs, I detest the fact that I have to hook up the player to a monitor so that I choose the right mix.[​IMG]

4. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

I must have a really dee-luxe dvd-audio player because all I have to do to change between surround/stereo mixes is to push the "audio" button twice in quick succession. And since I have the player (Pioneer DV-656A) set in 2-CH analog output mode, it automatically plays the stereo track first (I don't have a sub or large center yet, so I use my receiver to play the disc's DTS or Dolby 5.1 tracks via the player's digital output).

Just a FYI: yesterday I was in Radio Shack and they now sell a dvd-audio player made by Dual (us old farts know that company by their record changers in those old console stereos). It only cost $99 but it seemed built decently (you would not believe how bananas I went trying to find Dual's website.....and I never did. [​IMG] Search engines need to be able to look for capital letters!!!). This may seem trivial but I particularly liked the individual LEDs that indicated specific operating states. I'm tired of audio equipment that crams everything into one hard-to-read fluorescent display.

LJ

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Some Devil is a Dave solo album, right? I'm not really interested in that stuff personally, I'd much rather hear him and his kickin' band in surround sound. That would benefit more from the upgrade, anyway.

6. Justin Lane

7. Justin Lane

8. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Justin, I'm sure it's not bad, I guess I'm not a big enough fan of Dave's song writing. I like it, but when pushed by the band.

I didn't like Everydays, which was pretty much a Dave solo album with the band on it. I'm just wary that Some Devil is like that.

Maybe I can borrow it from a friend or something.

9. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Considering it came out with a bonus 5 or 7 song live CD and only cost 9.99 at Best Buy it was a NO brainer. But then again I like everything Dave!!! [​IMG]

10. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I was just listening to Crash in the car today. I would welcome any hirez of Dave-even that DVDA format in 24/48. [​IMG]

11. Justin Lane

12. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Oooh Crash in Hi-Rez...please Powers That Be...make this happen! [​IMG]

13. Nick-G

Nick-G Agent

Crash...are you kidding...BTCS would be UNBELIEVABLE as a DVD-A disc. Halloween, Dreaming Tree, the Stone, Pig, Crush, PNP....THAT would rock[​IMG]

14. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Yeah can you imagine how that bass would sound in "Don't Drink the Water?" [​IMG]

15. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I may finally have to buy interconnects for my Toshiba SD4700 (never used the DVD-A feature!) if DMB stuff is released on the format. I'll take anything, but would probably pick Before These Crowded Streets first among the studio albums. The live recordings could be incredible!