What's new

Dave Matthews Band - Central Park - GO GET IT ! (1 Viewer)

Stewart S

Auditioning
wow, it's been years since I've posted. I think my old username is history ! I haven't had much to say since you guys cover everything so well. But, since I haven't seen any comments on this new disc.

Long story short, you gotta go get it. I've been longing for a concert dvd shot in HD. shot in Widescreen. mixed properly (a lot of 5.1 concert discs sound horribl, ie: sara mcclughlin).

It looks and sounds stunning. Not to mention that the band is in top top form on this disc. This is a showcase concert dvd. don't hesitate to drop the $15 on it.

stew

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Yes this is a nice set. Be aware that at least some of the packages got out with the second disk not being the DVD
but in actuality the CD. I went through about six copies
before getting a correct one at Best Buy.
Best
Greg

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, had me scared for a minute. I had to check mine to make sure! I am going to watch it today, sounds great. I watched Linkin Park - Live in Texas last night. HOLY CRAP! These guys sound better live than on CD. Incredible!

I was at this concert. I'm actually on the DVD during the Behind the Scenes feature. :) It was an awesome experience being there and I'm glad I can relive it on DVD. The video is pristine and the audio makes you feel like you're there. I recommend it to anyone who even likes DMB's music in the least. :)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I was going to start a thread on this as I just had a chance to watch the DVD yesterday. I don't have any of the other live DVDs, but I have heard this is the best one in terms of A/V quality. Many fans complained about the fast "MTV-style" editing of the last concert DVD, Live at Folsom Field.

I am blown away by the sound, in both DD 5.1 and PCM stereo. The video quality is razor sharp too. Sure, there are a few songs that I love that weren't on the setlist in Central Park, but overall, this is a killer show.

Here is the setlist for those who may be interested:
1 Don't Drink the Water - Disc One
2 So Much to Say - Disc One
3 Too Much
4 Granny
5 Crush
6 When the World Ends
7 Dancing Nancies
8 Warehouse
9 Ants Marching
10 Rhyme & Reason
11 Two Step
12 Help Myself
13 Cortez, The Killer
14 Jimi Thing
15 What Would You Say
16 Where Are You Going
17 All Along the Watchtower
18 Grey Street
19 What You Are
20 Stay (Wasting Time)

Guitarist Warren Haynes, of Gov't Mule and the Allman Brothers Band, is featured on the blazing Cortez, The Killer and Jimi Thing. (Warren was voted #1 slide guitarist by Guitar Player magazine in both 1995 and 1996.)

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
i will agree with everyone here. this is a great two disc set...

one question, is the layer change right after Dancing nancies? mine kinda freezes up after that for a second...then goes into warehouse....

thanks

can't wait to get my 65" hitachi widescreen tv in a couple weeks.....

Peace

DS

Stewart S

Auditioning
yes, that appears to be wear they put the layer change. What a bad decision that was ! But a minor complaint.

Next year they're going to release a 6 dvd - 3 concert compilation that they shot at the Gorge 2002. It was also shot in High Def. I was at the 1st and 2nd of those shows. Incredible Stuff. Can't wait for that !

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
i am pretty pumped about the Gorge set as well, and the rumored dave and tim from purdue show that was taped in '03

the layer change is not a huge deal at all. just a wierd spot for it....considering the two songs kinda flow into each other....

Peace

d

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It's been confirmed that there is no Dave & Tim release scheduled at this time. The recording of their shows that was done was used for the bonus "Some Devil" disc. The six-CD, three-DVD Gorge set is confirmed, though, for next year.

But they had a full film crew at the Purdue show. Every show is recorded through the soundboard. The show isn't confirmed, but I'm sure it will pop up sooner or later. The Gorge set is what I really want. But this Central Park DVD is still kickin my ass. It feels like you're there. I'm so glad I ended up going to that concert, or should I say, that experience. ;)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Yes. I have the standard DVD case packaging, but I have heard that there is a version in CD packaging. Sounds like a stupid decision to have multiple packaging available. I have heard reports of folks buying the DVD when they thought they were getting the CD. Check the packaging carefully.
When in doubt:
3 discs=CD
2 discs=DVD

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Great to hear all the enthusiasm for this set! I had passed it up last week, but now it looks like I'll be getting it sooner or later. (Back to DVDPriceSearch.com!) :)

Quick question: Have any of you listened to the CD set, as well? That's what I picked up -- I thought I'd get much more mileage from listening to it as I drove (pun intended!), rather than having to wait for a time I could listen to it at home -- and I wasn't to impressed by the sound mixing, clarity, etc., basically with the way the concert was "transferred to disc", if that makes sense. So far, I've only played disc 2. If you've had a chance to compare with the audio on the CD, how would you rate it?

Thanks,

- Bob P.

hearing the concert in 5.1 is a lot better than hearing it on CD. i picked up both, beause DMB is the one band I will follow around. (7 concerts alone this summer.)

Gavin_L

Second Unit
bought a copy today to watch on my new Sony 46 inch hdtv that I got on Saturday :D It looks and sounds great.

thanks for the news about the gorge dvds,
very excited thats is coming, thats such a great venue to see a concert, bet its gonna sound and look great. I was at one of the concerts they were filming it at, when they shot at the gorge, it was a good concert.....

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

I was on the fence a bit about this DVD until reading that. It'll definately be heading into my collection now. I've got all their other live DVD's as well as the video collection, but had no urge to get this one for some reason. Dunno why. I'll be getting it now, though. Guess I just needed something other than 16x9 to make it different from the other shows... ;)

Nick

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
my copy came in the mail today and i popped it in for a quick peek. truly amazing!!:)

has anyone tried to add it in dvdprofiler yet? the upc in dvdprofiler is different than mine and the features/specs and cover are different as well.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I added mine to Profiler, check the link below. I realize that some of the information is incorrect, but sooner or later someone will submit the corrected information. I edited some of the information on my own. You can edit any DVD with incorrect information or cover art (Amazon is good for copy/pasting cover art) by selecting the DVD in Profiler and then right click, and select Edit.

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Awesome! Cant wait for this to come to Australia!..took so long for even the DMB videos to even get here! I picked up Folsem but wasnt too impressed by the audio..not a bad show though.

How is daves vocals on this new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks