Dave Brubek dead at 91 =( (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Mike Frezon said:
I'm that guy who puts together his own Christmas mix each season and distributes it amongst family and friends.  I started with cassettes.  In fact, a few years ago I put put a "special edition" chronicling my 25 years of Christmas tapes/CDs. 
And to keep on topic, last night I pulled a track from the Brubeck CD which will be on this year's effort.  :tu:
Soooo..... How does one get on this very special list? =)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Out here? On the mean streets of Rensselaer? That don't mean shit, jack. Don Frezon may know you, but you ain't been made yet. You ain't familia. Perhaps one could be spared, for a favor to be asked later.
Okay, now this Dave Brubeck memorial thread is turning strange. :crazy:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
"The mean streets of Rensselaer..."

Here's a clip from when jazz musicians were as cool as the other side of the pillow (not that they aren't now):

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The original one I posted was awesome. Crisp, clear B&W clip of the band playing Take Five. There were credits which rolled at the end (in French)...but that's all I can tell you about it. I couldn't find a duplicate on YT.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I did find a few duplicates on YouTube (I looked because I wanted to let a few other friends know of it), and within hours every one of them was gone.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mike Frezon said:
The original one I posted was awesome.  Crisp, clear B&W clip of the band playing Take Five.  There were credits which rolled at the end (in French)...but that's all I can tell you about it.  I couldn't find a duplicate on YT.
"You should have seen it! There were bridges made of rainbows over rivers of pure milk chocolate. Everyone rode on their own unicorn, and a tiny monkey in a fancy coat entertained us all. But, now you'll just have to take my word for it."
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks