What's new

Dates for season 1 sets of Soap, Tick (live action - full series), and Dilbert! (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Spoooon!:)

How do I lobby for Cupid on DVD?

The live action Tick (what episodes I saw) was hilarious, so I voted for that one, and will probably buy it!

The other short-lived TV show I would lobby for is Cupid, which is also owned by Columbia Tri-Star, but NOT included on the list of shows to vote for...that in itself is troubling.

Any suggestions about how to contact (and whom to contact) at Coumbia Tri-Star to suggest this release. I know I'd be willing to drop $30-$40 bucks to get the 15 or so episodes of this show on DVD...got half of them on grainy videotape.

I'm lazy, so an email contact would be preferable, but I'll use snail mail if need be...

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
All of these are a result of Columbia's TV-on-DVD poll. I believe NewsRadio remains as the last poll winner yet to be announced which, of course, is the one I was most looking forward to.
Same here. Hopefully that will come in October or November.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dilbert will NOT be released on the date discussed. That is all I'm at liberty to say at this time...sorry.

Today is the official announce date for Soap: The Complete First Season. Details, cover art, and menu shots are here.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Dave... RE: Dilbert..

I would HOPE they are going to be smart enough to make it a COMPLETE SERIES box vs. the 1st season only..

then again.. I've heard more than one "murmur" that Comedy Central may be wanting to make another season of Dilbert (and may finally be kicking in for another season of Undergrads) since it's getting good ratings for them on the late night slot... which could explain why Undergrads is late.. and why Dilbert may be delayed (hopefully not too long)...

I know.. I know.. you're in Sgt Schultz mode ("I know nooooottthhhhhhiiinnnnng")

go have some Gridley's and enjoy (ghod, I miss Memphis)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
To this day, I have no idea how Patrick Warburton was able to spit out his lines without LHAO during the camera takes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
With this news we hopefully should be hearing about the Forever Knight release info soon. I hope. ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
go have some Gridley's and enjoy (ghod, I miss Memphis)
I'm now on a cholesterol-free diet, or I'd go eat some Corky's or Leonard's. Much better than Gridley's. And the half-and-half BBQ/Spaghetti at those places is to die for.

Um, literally if I eat too much of it. :D

Back on track...I can say this much more, I think, about Dilbert: Right now all bets are off, period (perhaps because of that Comedy Central thing, which I hadn't heard about). The DVD release was never officially announced; tentative plans for the announcement was 7/21 but that is now scrapped. Since it was "announced" as "coming" because it was a poll-winner, we should still see SOMEthing, I would think. Who knows what we'll see (Season 1? Best Of? Complete Series?) and when is in Columbia's hands, as it was before people talked before Columbia was ready for them to.

If we end up getting less than we thought we would, or should, or getting nothing at all, then something changed at the studio, and I'll just have to say, "oh well!".

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for Soap!! I hope it sells well enough that they'll put out the rest of the series.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
about Dilbert: Right now all bets are off, period (perhaps because of that Comedy Central thing, which I hadn't heard about). The DVD release was never officially announced; tentative plans for the announcement was 7/21 but that is now scrapped. Since it was "announced" as "coming" because it was a poll-winner, we should still see SOMEthing, I would think. Who knows what we'll see (Season 1? Best Of? Complete Series?)
Ahh well... the joys of big business... same for Undergrads.. announced for July 1, pushed back to August...

glad I didn't dump the DVD-RAM's I made of the series (was all set ot start authoring then the announcement (as it was) and a nagging thought in the back of my head said "Don't format that drive"..

Now.. where's the rest of "The Man Show" 1st season and I *can* erase that drive...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks