What's new

Dateline's Michael Jackson Special (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
So who would of thought that the years with the one glove were going to be the normal ones eh?

I swear man , the scariest picture is one of the latest ones where he has partial facial hair on that "mask" looking thing he calls a face.

UGH.

2 Plastic Surgeries huh? Yea sure. We believe you.

I caught some of this during breaks of Joe Millionare.

What's up with all these recent specials on him anyways?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
We saw the Dateline special and frankly it has like a whole sentence made into a novel. It was only a tidbit of info that was given out regarding his cosmetic procedures. I believe its one of those "sweeps" measure NBC had to come up to get some ratings. Shame on you Dateline for stooping that low for ratings.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Wasn't Dateline the info-tainment show that did an expose on exploding fuel tanks in pick-up trucks and faked the "evidence" by putting a model rocket motor inside the tank to make sure it exploded during their tests? If so this is hardly a new low for them.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Wasn't Dateline the info-tainment show that did an expose on exploding fuel tanks in pick-up trucks and faked the "evidence" by putting a model rocket motor inside the tank
Yep, they admitted to using a "pyrotechnic device." Their on-air apology was hilarious. It seemed to boil down to "I'm sorry you're upset."

The whole thing reminded me of the Dan Aykroyd skit on SNL when he would go to extreme lengths to pretend that harmless toys were incredibly deadly.

-j

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
The whole thing reminded me of the Dan Aykroyd skit on SNL when he would go to extreme lengths to pretend that harmless toys were incredibly deadly.
I thought it was the other way around, pretending that hazardous objects were wonderful and safe toys.

I'm also sick of the Michael Jackson stuff.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Wayne, IIRC, he was trying to prove that his incredibly hazardous toys (I remember a teddy bear with a working chainsaw coming out of its chest) were no dangerous than regular toys.

I seem to remember him trying to show how regular toys like blocks are the true danger. He'd take a block and try to swallow it to demonstrate a choking hazard and stuff like that.

-j

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I seem to remember him trying to show how regular toys like blocks are the true danger. He'd take a block and try to swallow it to demonstrate a choking hazard and stuff like that.

Dan was attempting to show that the toys that his company were selling were indeed the safe toys and not the standard fare. Blocks and teddy bears can be dangerous if not used with care. On the other hand, the bag of shards of glass that he was selling were being grossly maligned. If only Dare Devil were out back in the day. Bullseye being tossed through the stailness glass window and then gathering up the colorful shards and playfully exchanging them with a laughing and dancing Dare Devil. What better testimonial for the the fun of a bag of happy glass.

I think I read that the Army has contracted with some of Dan's toys and will be sending them to the Iraqui army. Perhaps leading to some pundits and analysts predicting a repeat of the first US Iraqui war.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks