What's new

Data projectors newbie here. Need one for work. (1 Viewer)

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, but I thought some of you may know.
We currently have an Elmo EDP-2100.
500 ANSI lumens.
1024x768 compressed support. True 800x600.
Throw Dist (feet): 3.6 - 36.0.
Quite frank it looks crappy when fed a 1024x768 source. The downsampling is terrible. It looks better with a native 800x600 source, but many of our users will not be able to set their laptops right for use with it, and anyway, the pixtures we need to show look better at 1024x768.
Any suggested replacements for the above projector? Is line doubling at 1024x768 too much to ask for in a consumer data projector with similar specs?

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased 2 new LCD projectors for work last week. I got the Proxima DP6150. 1 Dvi input, 2 analog, s-video, composite, monitor out, 1400 lumens, 450:1 contrast ratio. I use them primarily for Powerpoint and the quality is great. Of course, the first thing I did was bring it and a screen home last weekend for a DVD test run. Even using composite video, the picture was sharp and detailed, bright colors and deep blacks. My price paid was $3722 each.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, forgot to mention XGA resolution.
rolleyes.gif

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what this means in practical terms, esp the latter.
It would be nice to have a stronger light, but I'm not sure how high I need to go in a darkened room for a screen is say 15-35 ft away. As far as the 450:1 contrast ratio, I have no idea what that means.
Is there anything available that's acceptable at say $2500 US?
------------------
Eugene Hsieh, VisorCentral FAQ Editor
1000 km on a tank of gas??? Check out the Prius and drive the future now!
Check out my switched Dual Boot DVD Player Hack.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Check out one of the HTF sponsers, ProjectorPeople.com. They have a great online selection and a helpful sales staff. You should be able to find a model that fits your needs and budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks