What's new

Das Boot SUPERBIT Features? (1 Viewer)

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
That's one of the reasons why nothing should ever be dubbed, frequently dialogue is changed AGAINST the message of the film, in order to make it more violent or add profanity. That and the addition of dialogue where it did not exist is wrong, and should NEVER be done
Well, I must admit I was the first to complain on the dubtitles (of the PAL release), but I do understand that for this movie the dubbing was apparently supervised by the director, and mostly dubbed by the actors themselves.

That's why I was really surprised by the adding of the line I mentioned earlier, I felt that it was almost insulting to the English speaking part of the world: as if they wouldn't understand that part without that line....

Edited for grammatical errors.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The Das Boot dub may have been done under the supervision of the original director with the original stars participating (which is more than we can say for a lot of non-English language movies) but the dub is still not what was originally intended. There are at least two more extra lines added to Das Boot (other than the one described above) that are simple exposition which do nothing but insult the viewer's intelligence. And to have these lines included in the subtitles is really annoying!! Of course, subtitles aren't originally intended either, but they are far less intrusive than a dub, IMO. As long as they're done accurately...

It's such a shame to have the dubtitles on Das Boot, especially when you consider that Columbia haven't done this on more recent releases, as the English subs for Run Lola Run and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon are subtly different from the English dubs included on the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks