What's new

Darn "white van" speakers ... with a little twist (1 Viewer)

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that the nicotan website has a place to send them an email. You oughta see the one I sent. :D

Brandon Pop

Stunt Coordinator
I live in LA and about 2 years ago, before I had ever researched ht audio, I was approached by 2 guys in a black van with the same story. At the time my roommate had technics receiver but his jbl speakers had blown out, so when they mentioned they had "professional grade" speakers, I was interested. Initially they wanted $300 for the pair, but I told them the most I could get was $200, which they seemed satisfied with. Only problem was that I wanted to make sure that the speakers actually worked, so I let them follow me to my apartment a few blocks away. They hooked them up to the receiver and cranked it.... Bwah, they didnt sound much better then my roommates blown jbl's! So kindly told them they did not sound very good at all to me, needless to say they were displeased. They ripped the speaker wire from their "Digital Audio" speakers saying that I didnt know anything about audio and these were $1400 speakers. They were right, I didnt know much about audio at that time, but I knew those sounded like crap and I asked them to leave. I worried they would come back and attempt to vandalize my apartment, but they never did, I suppose because they were conducting an illegal business.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I noticed that the nicotan website has a place to send them an email"

Yep and it's an AOL account:D

Brent

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
Go to www.ripoffreport.com and search "white van' or "Dogg Digital" for some not so funny stories. I know some one that fell for it and I'm willing to bet that if you ask around it won't take long before you find somebody you know that bought "white van" speakers. Like most scams, they're not taking advantage of one's stupidity but of one's greed.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
NicoTan:
10 packets for 40 dollars. Each packet is 0.05 oz.
"This product isn't approved by the FDA".

It's horrible when somebody preys on the gullibility of people. At least people here know better and educate their friends. In fact, I just told my buddy at work about this, and his eyes lit up and said he's also been approached by a literal 'White Van'. He felt bad for the kids until I told him what's up.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I'm at Purdue University. A kid down the hall from me has some of these white van speakers, called ProDynamics, though they are the same as the Dogg Digital "DA-2012". I told him what was up and he said "Yeah, I kind of figured that's what happened."

Then later in the semester I saw a pair of the same speakers sitting in the window of a frat house blasting rap music out into the neighborhood...

aaron campbell

Second Unit
David, That rebuttal from Robert in Las Vegas is classic. He usually listens to Bose, Macintosh,& KLipsch. But these speakers sound great w/ his Class A Sony amp, w/600 watts true rms DD,& DTS ready amp.:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks