What's new

darn it....Signs did not arrive today (1 Viewer)

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
This is the second order in 2 weeks that was late from DVDEmpire. First it was xXx and now Signs. xXx was 3 days late.

I am thinking about canceling all future orders and just go to Best Buy. One of the only advantages to ordering online was getting them a day early or street date.

This has been a problem ever since they went to those brown boxes and using First Class mail instead of Priority mail. I know they are the supposed to be the same but I now don't think so.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Chris,

Do you order 4 or more titles and select free shipping, or did you order only Signs and specifically select Priority Mail?

Just curious-I have a pending preorder with them, and I too only bother becaue they shipped erly enough for me to receive them on Monday or Tuesday.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Andrew,

I order 2 or 3 titles at a time and I always select Priority Mail.

Last week xXx was shipped on Friday December 27 and finely arrived January 3rd. A full week later. Pathetic for First Class/Priority Mail even during the Holidays. Signs was shipped Friday January 3rd and should have arrived today at the latest.

I sent an e-mail to DVDEmpire explaining the situation. I understand they are not reliable for the US Postal Service but I feel this problem needs to be tracked and they might need to ship earlier for us members on the West Coast.

I want to address this here as well because I want to know if I am the only one. Any other members on the West Coast getting orders late from DVDEmpire?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info. I wonder if DVDEMpire is sending the "shipped" e-mails on Friday, but the packages aren't actually going out until Monday.

Any post marks on the package? Also, they use tracking I believe-number should be on the box. Maybe you could track the package at usps.com and see when it entered their system-could be very telling.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
wonder if DVDEMpire is sending the "shipped" e-mails on Friday, but the packages aren't actually going out until Monday.
You know I just wondered that. I checked the box and it has no post mark date on it. It does have a tracking number and I tracked my xXx package.

It was excepted at Pittsburgh PA at 7:05PM on Friday December 27th It arrived in Seattle on January 3rd at 3:45am and was delivered at 12:09pm on Friday January 3rd.

Most likely this hang up is being caused by the USPS. Unless possibly DVDEmpire is not getting them to the USPS in time and it does not circulate until Monday.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I am thinking about canceling all future orders and just go to Best Buy
Yep, picked up Signs at BB today for $14.99. It's easier to wait until street date than to wait by the mail box if it's late. According to DVD Empire's site they are $20.99 for Sings, $6 bucks more than BB just for the movie let along if you in-cure shipping. No thanks.
Peace Out~:D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Chris,

So it seems the package was shipped on 12/27. However, it concerns me that you say First Class was used instead of Priority. When it comes to packages they will be handled differently. Maybe DVDEmpire just goofed and used Standard. But if you select and pay for Priority, it should be labeled Priority. Maybe you can get a shipping refund out of them.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Chris, threads like this belong in the Vendor Feedback area (where there's currently another discussion of DVD Empire). I'm moving this now.
M.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Dude!!! It's shipping over a holiday, there are going to be delays. The post office is still catching up from Christmas, and there are going to be delays. Don't blame DVDEmpire, when it's not their fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks