What's new

Dark Water Unrated shorter than Theatrical Cut??? (1 Viewer)

Vincent-P

Second Unit
At work today, I was looking at the two versions of Dark Water and noticed that the Unrated Cut is listed as 103 minutes, while the theatrical cut is 105 minutes. Does anyone know what the real differences between the two cuts are? I saw the film in theaters and thought it was perfectly paced. Why has stuff been cut out of the Unrated version since it is not listed as a director's cut? How much has been cut and has anything new been added? This is why I really hate the studios' mentality of "let's release the theatrical cut only in fullscreen." I might possibly have bought both if they put out both in widescreen, now I might not buy either, especially if this new cut feels flawed to me.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I'd like to know too!
How come there don't seem to be any reviews of this dvd yet?

Vincent-P, seems the UK release is the theatrical version in widescreen (we don't seem to get the alternate 'unrated' cuts for 'horror' films, only comedies it seems). If you can play region 2 and PAL you might want to import from amazon uk?

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
*DELETE* Silly me, I read the title post too quickly and thought this was about DARK CITY- D'oh!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Interesting that the theatical cut is 2 minutes longer yet the shorter version is also the "darker" version.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I only have the Unrated version (that is what BVHE sent me). I might have to track down a cheap previously viewed copy in a few months to see what the differences are (other than aspect ratio). First I think I will finish watching the original Japanese version of Dark Water.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

Will the real Vincent P please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

:)

Vincent (Pereira)

Rolando

Screenwriter
wait a tick, so is it confirmed that the theatrical cut is Foolscreen only?

and is the unrated cut really shorter?

are there major differences?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I have the WS DVD (never saw this in the theater) so I can't compare. I got this right before Christmas when I was swamped with holiday chaos and then came down with the flu! (which was why it didn't get posted...sorry!)

I'll be happy to post an HTF review (haven't watch it yet but can) if you guys would still like it and we can pick up discussion about the unrated stuff there.

What do you think?

dave :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks