What's new

dark skies/project ufo? (1 Viewer)

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
does anyone know who owns the rights to these 2 shows and if they will
ever have a snowball's chance in H E double hockey sticks of being released
on dvd? neither was on that long so, i think one set for each could hold the entire series run for both of them.:)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
A complete series set of Dark Skies would be fantastic! I used to love that show.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Dark Skies is Sony. I've asked them about it a few times, but there's not much interest there for releasing the series.

Gord

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Dark Skies also has, I believe, a lot of music rights issues. It took place in the 60s and if I recall, used a lot of 60s music to set the mood.

derek

Second Unit
I'd be in line for both sets. I loved how Dark Skies intertwined the UFO mythology with actually US history. It was sorta a grittier 'Taken.' Talk about conspiracy theories!

LizH

Second Unit

I'm surprised ... :|

I figured Trekkers might be interested (Before Jeri Ryan played Seven of Nine on Star Trek, she played a Russian spy on "Dark Skies.")

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
TI know the pilot for Dark Skies aired on the Encore and Starz! channels months ago.

I think SPHE should release short-lived sci-fi like Dark Skies, Something Is Out There, and Sleepwalkers. They could even brand it cult sci-fi on the DVD art and play up that angle.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately Odyssey 5 didn't sell very well, so I doubt they're jumping at the chance to release more single-season sci-fi stuff.

Gord

LCD22

Screenwriter
I think Shout! Factory would be perfect for "Dark Skies". Has anyone contacted them about possibly licensing this series from Sony and trying to clear the 60s-era music used in the series?

LCD22

Screenwriter
Here's something interesting I found: there's a "Dark Skies" soundtrack out. It's called Dark Skies: The 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Original Television Score. It was released by an independent company called Perseverance Records. If you enjoyed the instrumental music in the series, you might want to check it out. Cool cover, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Skies-Mic...e=UTF8&s=music

Here's the company's "New Releases" section (scroll down and you can listen to the mp3 samplings of the "Main Title" theme and two other scores: "Mission Control" and "Majestic Checkpoint").

http://www.perseverancerecords.com/newreleases.html

Here's also Cinescape's (and Mania's) Soundtrax feature, "Music of Dark Skies", if anyone is interested in reading:

http://www.mania.com/52242.html

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
hey chris, thanks for the info

i will treat myself to the cd for xmas

you're right, it is a cool cover:emoji_thumbsup:

LCD22

Screenwriter

You’re welcome. My CD was shipped on the 10th (in fact I should be getting it soon). I'm looking forward to listening to this.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Dark Skies when it first aired here in the UK and would definately buy it if it were released on dvd,so come on Sony,lets have it!

Andy Y

Grip
Yeah I would also love a copy of the "Something Is Out There" mini-series.

Wasn't much of a fan of the series though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks