"Dark Journey" 1937 Vivian leigh - best version?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Huffstutler, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    What is the best available DVD version of "Dark Journey" with Vivian Leigh? Thanks!

Eric

2. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    This post sunk like a rock. Doesn't anyone like this title or know the answer?

3. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

Is it on dvd?

4. Darrell Bratz

Darrell Bratz Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, it's a public domain title that pops up a lot, I think usually in multi-title grab-bag PD sets.

5. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Screenwriter

Will
    The only one I have ever seen is the one I bought, the AMC collection. It's certainly good enough for the price I paid for it. It's packaged with STORM IN A TEACUP, ST MARTIN'S LANE, and FIRE OVER ENGLAND. None of the prints are great, per se, but they are certainly watchable (with the possible exception of FIRE, which is so dark the whole thing seems to transpire in a solar eclipse)

6. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler
    I am disappointed in the AMC series but then again, their broadcast film quality is questionable compared to TCM. Lately I've become a TCM-aholic [​IMG]

I've purchased a couple AMC sets and for the company to loan their name on substandard releases is baffling to say the least. I've seen better quality offerings. There is a better release of "Dark Journey" which is OPP put out by (I think) by Vina but even if the picture is a bit morer clear and less damaged, still heavily cropped on the sides and a bit fuzzy at times. But there has to be others issues of Dark Journey out there especially in her native Region 2 ?

Vivien Leigh movies are fairly rare considering she only made 19 between 1935-1965. So few would be easy to pick some to make a box set.

Eric

7. Alejandro

Alejandro Stunt Coordinator

Hi Will! we seem to pop up in the same threads now and then!
    I just post to complain about the lack of ViviEn (forchristsake Eric, you spelled it with "a" in your first post. It's like saying Barbara instead of Barbra[​IMG] ) Leigh.
    At least we have two Leigh's tittles coming from Warner in a couple of months, both Tennessee Williams plays. But what about Waterloo bridge? Here's hope.