What's new

Dark Cloud 2 Help!! I'm Getting Slaughtered (1 Viewer)

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I just got off the train and started the Rainbow Butterfly Woods. I haven't had too much trouble up to this point, but the enemies are beating the crap out of me in this level. I'm on the 3rd floor and can't seem to get anywhere without getting killed.

I have upgraded my weapons a couple of times, but haven't been able to do anything with my defensive areas or increase my HPs. Any advice? I really like the game, but it's so frustrating that I haven't played it in a while.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Rob,

My first suggestion would be to revisit the sewer dungeons and up the character stats until you feel comfortably at the level of the creatures in the Woods dungeon.

Secondly, are you using the "Mech" character to fight off the Trees and other tough enemies in the Woods dungeon? I found that it's helpful to jump immediately into the Mech suit once you see one of the larger, harder-to-beat enemies, but as not to waste fuel, spend all the non-battle time outside the mech.

I always carry a heavy supply of repair powders and food into the dungeons; in fact I used this strategy with the first dark cloud. Focus your inventory on necessary items like water, food, and repair potion, and you'll pick up the rest from the chests littered throughout the dungeon.

Have you been using the dodge feature in the lock-on battle mode, which allows you to somersault backwards to avoid an enemy attack? Also, some people find it helpful to concentrate on powering up their projectile weapons, so more dangerous close combat isn't necessary. Also, if you are being hammered by enemies but already have the fairy saw, go ahead and find the exit. You can always replay the level later on.

This game is incredibly deep and complex, probably one of the most involved games I've ever played (and I don't often have time to play this one).

Good luck!

~j

JoshF

Supporting Actor
There should have been some HP-up items in little treasure chests in Palm Brinks, I think. Look for them; they're hard to find sometimes.

Also, I sometimes find it easier to NOT lock onto enemies and run up behind them and get them that way.

Equip some bread so you can heal without going into the menu - very useful during battles.

Finally, use your ridepod.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Thanks for the advice.

I always carry a heavy supply of repair powders and food into the dungeons;
Where can I buy these? None of the characters are selling them right now and I can't get the train to go anywhere. I go through bread constantly and keep running out. I'll try dodging, too.

The Ridepod idea is good. He keeps getting killed pretty easily, too, but I'll try to use him more. Darn trees.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Go to the weapon shop in Palm Brinks for your repair powder - they should have some here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks