What's new

"Dark City: Director's Cut" coming to Blu-ray on July 29 (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
noticed some scenes like this too. Kinda sloppy and makes you yearn for a totally DNR free film.

Especially the scene when Kiefer talks to Jennifer for the first time. Horribly matched.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Wanting to be sure BD wasn't just a fad /img/vbsmilies/htf/smiley_wink.gif"> I am now catching up. I won't be reading these 384 posts, so forgive me if someone has mentioned this:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
General consensus was that New Line over DNR-ed the picture quality. Otherwise the release is fine. But if you're sensitive to overdone DNR you'll probably be disappointed. (Before they were swallowed up by Warner, New Line had DNR issues. Pan's Labyrinth is another example).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, there's some DNR/EE issue w/ it -- though not quite as bad as some others (as even RAH was ok w/ it) -- *PLUS* some of the newly added footages for the director's cut, particularly some headshots of Jennifer Connelly, are jarringly soft (probably due in part to seeing them sequenced into the otherwise supersharp DNR/EE look of the rest of the film).

But for the going price right now (on Amazon), it's hard to complain too much about those issues, if you don't already own it.

It's a fave of mine, so I bit the bullet and bought it early on (at some WBShop sale). Wish they didn't overcook it like that, but OTOH, it's certainly not as bad as a handful other overcooked BDs (and is definitely worth owning at a good price, IMHO)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks