What's new

Dark Blue World, Kolya.. Any chance on DVD? (1 Viewer)

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Who ditributes these movies? Great Czech cinema, and by far my favorite foreign films. Any chance we'll see either on DVD?

How about a VHS release for Deep Blue?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DARK BLUE WORLD is the one about Czech pilots in the RAF during WWII, right? DBW has been released on DVD. The other one I have not seen on disc. DBW was actually a pretty decent WWII film.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
As mentioned, "Dark Blue World" has been out for a while on Region 1 DVD. REALLY liked this film!

"Kolya" is available on Region 1 DVD from Miramax. This one I caught theatrically -- pretty good!

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Great! Thanks!

I wonder who would have it...

Yes, I liked, both movies, DBW especially. I'm a big Battle of Britain fan, and this was an interesting perspective..

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I saw a couple of copies of DARK BLUE WORLD at Future Shop in Prince George. Rogers Video had it for rent as well.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
DBW was all over the place when it was released (last winter/spring?). Costco had boxes of them. So I wouldn't think it would be hard to find in most shops.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
D'Oh! Sold out!! Darn you Edwin! :)
That was probably their only copy.. Oh well, I'll check again in a month.
It's been out since last winter or spring?! That was quick, I only remember seeing it in the theater in Vancouver last summer.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Japan and Czech. The latter is listed Region free with English subtitles and has the original and Directors Cut (104 or 105 vs 111). $40 on Ebay, $50 Ebay.

I can't 100% tell from the Japanese item, but I think it just has Czech Audio and Japanese subs.

there is a Spanish release -- not sure on the region, but Czech/Spanish audio with Spanish subs only it appears

itunes seems to have the 111 minutes version for $10 (HD), VUDU only the 105 minute

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks