What's new

Dario Argento's INFERNO (Blu-Ray) Cover Art & DVD Details (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
FANGORIA: We just reported [COLOR= #cc0000]yesterday[/COLOR] about the cool lineup of discs on the way from [COLOR= #cc0000]Blue Underground[/COLOR] next year, and now the company has revealed the cover art and specs for its Blu-ray premiere and new special-edition DVD of Dario Argento’s INFERNO, coming March 29.

The second in Argento’s Three Mothers trilogy, in which a young woman (Irene Miracle) discovers a secret diary that unleashes the evil of the unholy trinity upon the world, INFERNO will be presented on the discs in new high-definition 1.85:1 transfers from the original uncut negative. Both versions will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX and Dolby Surround 2.0 audio tracks, with DTS-ES 6.1 sound also available on the DVD and a DTS-HD 7.1 track on the Blu-ray. Extras include the interview with Argento and assistant director Lamberto Bava, Argento introduction and trailer from the previous DVD, plus two new interview featurettes:

• “Reflections of Rose” with actress Miracle

• “Art & Alchemy” with actor Leigh McCloskey

Retail price is $19.98 for the DVD, $29.98 for the Blu-ray

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they're using the original poster art, it's beautiful. I hope that Blue Underground offers the original Dolby Stereo 2.0 soundtrack in lossless as opposed to Dolby Digital on the Blu-ray, though.

Vincent

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I was momentarily wondering why the blu-ray announcement was getting more hits than the standard, and then it hit me--duh!--the color schemes Argento uses in his flicks, if I had a choice between blu and standard, I would go with the blu versions, too, since those color schemes will most likely pop with levels of power they defy description. Either and/or blu-ray is more popular than I imagined. Obviously, you guys can tell I don't got one yet. But, what do the stats say? Is blu-ray reaching more households nowadays?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by SWFF

But, what do the stats say? Is blu-ray reaching more households nowadays?

Blu-ray is growing steadily but I think it will remain somewhat of a niche (similar to laserdisc) for more discerning costumers. I don't mean that in a snobby way but I think most people are generally satisfied with DVD.

If I didn't have a Blu-ray player yet, I would just wait until I got a player rather than buying these movies on DVD again. I imagine that you'll be able to find a Blu-ray player for $100 or under in the next month so if you're thinking about making an upgrade, it might be a good time.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
This year I'm upgrading my VCR and getting one of those DVD Recorder/VCR's. Next Christmas I intend to go regionless blu-ray. I'm hoping by then that new Oppo will be hacked, and, perhaps, cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks