Daria syndication on The N

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Benard, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Alan Benard

Alan Benard Extra

Are you watching the syndicated version of Daria on The N, what Noggin turns into at night?

What do you think of the edits? Are you aware it has been edited?

Would you buy DVDs of the uncut episodes?

Personally, I'm happy its getting exposure, but I'm a sad-case fanatic. I am, however, not watching it, personally, as the new versions are not intended for me, but rather for those 12 and under.

2. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I was VERY aware of the edits. Please MTV, give is the complete Daria on DVD.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

What exactly is edited from the show to be broadcasted on The N?
    I know that they show Degrassi: The New Generation, but they don't even show two of the episodes from the first season on there.

4. Alan Benard

Alan Benard Extra

What have they cut?

References to sex.

Swear words, including hell, damn, God (even when not a swear word) -- but leaving some hells and damns in just for confusion's sake.

Basically, anything that could make the parent of a 9- to 13-year-old unhappy.

If you like Daria at all and want to see the show uncut, buy the DVDs for the two movies. The second movie is available for pre-order at a very famous online book and video selling company.

Google up Daria message boards and alt.tv.daria...you find some pretty comprehensive lists of the edits. Some folks say they're going to put up sites....

I don't _blame_ The N...but I'm not thrilled, either.

5. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer