What's new

Daria Collection, eh? :-) (1 Viewer)

Dear Martin Blythe:

You have been very kind to respond to questions in the past regarding the MTV series Daria and its potential release on DVD. As you are aware, the Viacom channel The N has been running edited versions of every Daria episode they will run, and apparently some are not appropriate to air for that channel.

Fans have been vocal about this. Most appreciate Daria getting any exposure at all. It certainly has helped DVD sales, at least from what we can gather by tracking Is it College Yet? preorders at Amazon.com via junglescan.com. (I've got nothing to do with either, I just use their services.) As have, I'll dare to point out, our efforts in the fan community.

Please let us know which versions of Daria episodes will be released. I speak for many devoted Daria fans, who will buy the DVDs, who would like to see them released as they originally ran on MTV during first run.

The IIFY DVD is fine, and the extras on the IICY DVD are very welcome. I have every faith that Paramount will do well by Our Heroine.

Thanks,

Alan Benard
DVDaria

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I for one would love to see more Daria on DVD. I watched "Is It Fall Yet?" on The N (several times in a row, actually), and actually just ordered "Is it Fall Yet?" tonight. It's obvious that some of the material in Daria is way over kids' heads, so the news of there being edits to the episodes of Daria The N will be showing does not surprise me. So, I'd jump at any opportunity to see the uncut episodes on DVD (season sets would be great).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks