Daren Arronofsky's next project

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Knutzen, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Anybody heard about his secret project before he moves on to Batman: Year One?

2. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

The only thing I know coming out with his name attached is "Below", David Twohy's latest directorial effort about a submarine crew. Darren co wrote the pic. Twohy directed the above average "Pitch Black".

I also think he is working on a Sci Fi move called Last Man with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett. Other than that I have not heard a peep.

Cant wait for Batman Year One, if it ever goes.

3. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Hey Steve, I just found this quote online....pretty cool....

4. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Hmm, I don't really care for that quote. Instead of "trying to figure out what type of film would play to an audience now", how about trying to re-invent the Sci-Fi genre again?

What, everything needs to be like The Matrix for the next few years before something else turns the tide?

Darren A. is one of my favorite directors right now and I believe he is very close to coming out with his first real masterpiece (I wish he would have made A.I., that would have been truly great in his hands).

5. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Anything with Arronofsky's name on it gets my money. As for re-inventing Sci-Fi, I don't know if D.A. is the man for that. It's possible, but his strength lies in dealing with people and character drama.

Bruce

6. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

His quote does say that he is trying to re invent the sci-fi genre, by saying he wants it to play to an audience, well who wouldn't. His two movies so far have not played to large audiences so maybe he wants a hit under his belt to get some pull in Hollywood circles.