What's new

Daredevil Season 3 (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I wonder how soon is "soon"?

Luke Cage is this Fall, and Iron Fist and The Defenders are slated for 2017. So maybe Spring '18? But that doesn't really seem to fit "soon". Maybe they'll do three shows next year? Or Maybe they'll push Defenders to Spring '18?

Bottom line, they are going to have to get past the two shows a year thing. It's simply not possible if they want to do new shows while doing additional seasons of existing shows.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Erik Oleson joins "Daredevil" for Season 3 as showrunner and executive producer

Oleson, who previously wrote for "Arrow" and served as head writer after Frank Spotnitz's departure during the second season of "Man In The High Castle," replaces Marco Ramirez & Doug Petrie, who ended their partnership midway through making "The Defenders" miniseries.

Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, and Vincent D’Onofrio are all confirmed to be returning for the new season.

Season 3 is slated for release in 2018.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 Poster:
Daredevil_S03_001.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Teaser Trailer:

While a release date hasn't yet been announced, there are several indicators pointing to either 10/12 or 10/19.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
At this rate, I expect Punisher S2 in January, and Jessica Jones S3 in March!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to this one. Surprised they have really accelerated the release schedule on the Marvel shows. One a month now.

Dave>h

Second Unit
I can't wait for this! I wish Netflix would somehow give me the option to buy the posters, love them too! So nice to see them doing justice to one of my favorite heroes of the Marvel Universe.

Loved the original movie and loved the Directors cut even more. I wish they hadn't camped it up as much as they did but Superhero movies were still in their infancy when DD was originally released and Marvel hadn't shown the way how to actually make these movies great.

The series, IMHO, has gotten it right on a lot of levels. Love Punisher, not a huge fan of their take on Elektra, but it isn't bad, and I absolutely love D’Onofrio as the Kingpin. Don't get me started on how awesome it is to see Turk!! Wonder if they will bring Bullseye into the fold or if they will keep him for another season...

As I said, CAN"T WAIT!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The third season dropped today. I've watched the first two episodes so far.

Really liked the season premiere, written by Erik Oleson -- the new showrunner. He had written for "Arrow", which is a similar superhero vigilante story, but without the budget or sophistication of this show.

For all of Matt Murdock's admirable qualities, he can be quite unlikable at times, and the first two episodes lean into those aspects of his personality heavily.

There have been a lot of stories where the superhero loses his powers, but this is one of the more interesting ones: instead of treating them like an on/off switch, the show playing out the consequences of the "Defenders" ending pretty organically: As a result of his severe injuries from having a building collapse on him, he's deaf in one ear, his head is stuffed up with blood from his injuries and particulate from the collapsed building, so his sense of smell is sharply diminished. The senses that weren't impacted by his injuries are still superhuman, but the injuries have introduced new blindspots into his sensory perception.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed episode 1. The addition of Sister Maggie is nice; she's a great character, at least so far. I was a bit thrown off by the introduction of the FBI agent, Nadeem, since his intro and story seemed to come out of nowhere, but I can clearly see where this is going. Glad to see the show back. Disappointed to wake up to the news of Luke Cage though. (It's cancelled.)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Robert: that's the story in the comics (haven't finished season 3 yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanekeridance
Recent bookmarks