What's new

Danny Boyle, John Hodge, Andrew MacDonald. What the hell happened to these guys? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I swear Alien Love Triangle has been listed as in production at the IMDB for about 5 years. I know The Beach flopped, but damn these guys have totally faded away. They were considered to be the saviours of British cinema for a while. Seems rather funny now.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
You're forgetting "A life less ordinary" which came out not too long ago, and was slaughtered by critics, pretty much.
It came out (in Britain at least), well before The Beach, and certainly started their downward slide. There was plenty in it I liked, but overall it ammounted to a lot less than the sum of its parts. Paper thin IMO.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Boyle and The Beach novelist Alex Garland teamed up on a new sci-fi flick called 28 Days Later (not a sequel to the Sandra Bullock movie). It's Garland's first time writing a screenplay and so far the buzz is pretty good on this one. The release daye hasn't been set yet, but it looks like it'll be sometime this fall. Basically the movie is set 28 days after a virus kills off most of humanity and follows a group of survivors through the remains of London. I'm pretty sure MacDonald is producing this one.

As for Hodge, he's given up screenwriting to return to his original occupation as a family doctor.

So they're all still around.

- Guy

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Danny Boyle has directed 2 new films which premiered on the festival circuit last year, Strumpet and Vacuuming Completely Nude in Paradise.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

That is great news! I am extremely excited about that one. I thought the novel The Beach was terrific and am looking forward to reading The Tesseract his second novel. Thanks for brightening my day!

-Eric

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Danny Boyle has directed 2 new films which premiered on the festival circuit last year, Strumpet and Vacuuming Completely Nude in Paradise.
Both of which also were featured at the Victoria Film Festival, but presented on video. Sadly I missed them both, but rest assured he's still around.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gto5830