Danny Boyle, John Hodge, Andrew MacDonald. What the hell happened to these guys?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_D, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I swear Alien Love Triangle has been listed as in production at the IMDB for about 5 years. I know The Beach flopped, but damn these guys have totally faded away. They were considered to be the saviours of British cinema for a while. Seems rather funny now.

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I believe "Alien Love Triangle" was finished years ago, and has been shelved since then. It's gotta be pretty crappy.
    You're forgetting "A life less ordinary" which came out not too long ago, and was slaughtered by critics, pretty much.
    EDIT:
    http://upcomingmovies.com/lightyearstrilogy.html
    /Mike

3. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

4. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Boyle and The Beach novelist Alex Garland teamed up on a new sci-fi flick called 28 Days Later (not a sequel to the Sandra Bullock movie). It's Garland's first time writing a screenplay and so far the buzz is pretty good on this one. The release daye hasn't been set yet, but it looks like it'll be sometime this fall. Basically the movie is set 28 days after a virus kills off most of humanity and follows a group of survivors through the remains of London. I'm pretty sure MacDonald is producing this one.

As for Hodge, he's given up screenwriting to return to his original occupation as a family doctor.

So they're all still around.

- Guy

5. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Danny Boyle has directed 2 new films which premiered on the festival circuit last year, Strumpet and Vacuuming Completely Nude in Paradise.

6. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

That is great news! I am extremely excited about that one. I thought the novel The Beach was terrific and am looking forward to reading The Tesseract his second novel. Thanks for brightening my day!

-Eric

7. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter