1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Dangerous Game (1993) in April?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by CraigL, Mar 18, 2005.

1. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

I saw on a Madonna fan site that MGM is finally releasing Dangerous Game on 4/12 but can't find any confirmation of that date on any website. They even have the cover artwork up. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: OK so I've done a little research and apparently it's coming out April 12th according to the MGM website. That's also where they got the cover-art but no details! [​IMG] Plus, it's the only movie of the lot that's not up for pre-sale.

2. DavidBC

DavidBC Second Unit

I hope this is true! I adore Abel Ferrara and think this movie is spectacular. Once A Letter To Three Wives came out in January, this title moved to the top of my most wanted list. I just hope this isn't going to be one of MGM's MAR atrocities!

3. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Well, check their official website. Unfortunately, it says nothing about the aspect ratio. It was in widescreen on the LD but it's been full screen around the rest of the world.

Here's hoping. Honestly, I think it's madonna's best acting role to date.

4. DavidBC

DavidBC Second Unit

I figured since this board became afire with interest when this topic was originally posted, that I would step in and settle the concerns of those many, many, vocal fans of this movie. I got it today at a B&M store for under $10. It's a flipper, ws on one side, p&s on the other. It has a enjoyably pretentious trailer and it's the unrated 109 minute director's cut. Yay!

This really is a great movie. I'm convinced its going to be discovered sooner or later (I would guess later...but I'm hopeful...)

5. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    I thought this was a great film as well. But all reviews I've read have been venom-ridden. Does not compute...

Glad to hear it's now out uncut and widescreen on DVD. If only Ms. 45 would come out uncut...and if only they'd pony up the $$$ to restore the ripped-off Zeppelin riff to BAD LIEUTENANT. Oh well, my trusty LD will suffice until then...