What's new

Danger Bay... any glimmer of hope? (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I was just wondering i don't see this show requested very often. But has anyone figured out who has the rights to this show yet ? This might be a obscure show which has 6 seasons that Shout Factory could look into releasing.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I've contacted one company (not Shout) who has expressed interest into looking at "Danger Bay". Prior to this, I contacted Gord and he tracked down and e-mailed the rights holder. Last time I checked with him, he hadn't got a reply.

Aryn, I'm a huge fan of this series so I'm trying.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Chris: thanks for the information. It is good to hear there is a possible company with interest in perhaps releasing this show. Keep up the good fight!

I was thinking maybe VEI could get this out aswell.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Very Nice.. I was just looking at the intro clip on youtube a few minutes ago
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

LCD22

Screenwriter

It was the fastest (within hours) and encouraging response I ever received. I really feel good about this show's chances. It's a perfect fit for them and they have released several Canadian series as of late (including a certain popular series co-starring Donnelly Rhodes).

I contacted them in April, so I've been crossing my fingers ever since.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I would also be happy to see the beachcombers as well.

I bought the King of Kensington the first season, but, nothing further has been released. It gets very frustrated to purchase the first season and then not see any other releases.

Danger Bay was good show about the environment. I like to see it released. I grew up watching this show and it was great!

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

I am trying to not give up on seeing this released, but it is getting to that point.
I did follow-up last November with the one that did respond and showed immediate interest, but understandably all she was able to tell me was they didn't currently have the licensing rights (nor was it on their schedule) at the time. However, another request for a release was sent to their programming team.

I was going to also try and suggest this to Toronto-based Phase 4 Films (formerly Kaboom Entertainment), but the only address I found is one for the press. Checked with Gord, and he used to have a contact but doesn't have a way to get in touch with them. I'll keep searching... and fighting.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
We talked about all the issues around the environment, but, yet will do not release shows like Danger Bay, which highlight are issues with the environment. I think this show would do very good on dvd.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by younger1968 ">[/url]

We talked about all the issues around the environment, but, yet will do not release shows like Danger Bay, which highlight are issues with the environment. I think this show would do very good on dvd.

[/QUOTE][SIZE= 9pt]The Vancouver Aquarium was also prominently featured in "Danger Bay" (and was seen last season on "Psych"), so there's an "educational" aspect that will draw many who hadn't seen this series in the last two decades in the States. (It's been running for years in Canada.)

I don't remember if there ever was a documentary (or part of) that showed the filming at the aquarium in the mid to late 80s and how it served as the backdrop; but it would be neat to see a newly-produced featurette that explores this.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
this release or lack of it is surprise too me. The issue in this show are still prevalent today and it would be great show to see released. I was a huge fan of this show and the beachcombers as they were to of the best Canadian shows at the time, which CBC produced. There was some other shows like the edison twins and Degrassi Junior and High.

BTW: I am still looking for the 2nd season of King of Kensington. I have the first season, but, nothing has been released since. The King of Kensington show the cultural diversity in toronto in 1970s, which has carry to present day Toronto. Al Waxman was a great actor and there is symbol of him in the kensington area of Toronto.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by younger1968

this release or lack of it is surprise too me. The issue in this show are still prevalent today and it would be great show to see released. I was a huge fan of this show and the beachcombers as they were to of the best Canadian shows at the time, which CBC produced. There was some other shows like the edison twins and Degrassi Junior and High.
I think with the general interest coming from the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics in February; it could help push a DVD release for the Vancouver-set "Danger Bay". I hope someone is taking a note of this.

LCD22

Screenwriter
[COLOR= black]I was told it doesn't look like "Danger Bay" is something they'll be licensing at this time and it was because of my other emails that their programming team looked into the series.

Sorry I couldn't have shared with you that we were a bit closer to a commercial DVD release. For those who aren’t already in the know, this has not been the only independent as Shout Factory's Brian Ward replied on their community forum 6 months ago with the following: "Sounds familiar, but I'm not really familiar with the show. I'll have the powers look into it." Since they are one of the insiders here, I'll repeat what I just posted on the community forum: "So the ball, as they say, is in Shout’s court. Not to put pressure on you guys."[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

Chris: thanks for the information. It is good to hear there is a possible company with interest in perhaps releasing this show. Keep up the good fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks