Dang new house for sale...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 28, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'm someone who is perched in front of a computer for a few hours each day. I also have a big picture window in my room, wich lets me see most of the area around me, plus makes for a great viewing window [​IMG].
    However, and I don't really know why, but I always hate when a new house goes up for sale around here. Mostly because every time one does, you'll see cars acting a bit stranger than usual and for some reason that gets me jumpy. Probably because I'm home alone for most of the afternoon, heh.
    Cars going around 3 miles per hour, stopping for about 20 minutes, going at 3 MPH again, stopping, etc. Or cars stopping with their headlinghts on at 9 PM at night in the Cauldesac, just sitting there watching. I know that they're just scoping out the neighborhood, but you think they could do it at a bit faster speed so as not to draw attention [​IMG]..
    Heh, sometimes the car will stop at the bottom of the hill that's in front of our house and just sit there for ten minutes. I know perfectly well they can see me from that spot, so I just sit and stare back at 'em untill they decide to leave. Who knows if it works in making 'em go or not [​IMG],

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Maybe if you "decorate" your house with dead bodies and stuff, they would move on a bit.. You know, you could have fake guilloteens setup, set up some gallows with gory headless bodies stewn about.. You know, something "Calvin and Hobbes"-ish Think of his Snowman house of horrows...
    [​IMG]
    Jay

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

That may just be misconstrued as Halloween decor, Jay. You need to throw an old water heater and possibly a toilet in your front yard. Oh.. and a primered Camaro up on blocks leaking oil in your driveway.

Then sit on your porch on an old ratty recliner in your underwear and drink generic beer.. and throw the empties in your yard. Also, if you have a rifle to polish.. that would help too.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>You know, something "Calvin and Hobbes"-ish Think of his Snowman house of horrows...
    >
    You guys are all forgetting to add one thing. The crazy, sceaming lady who throws cats at you [​IMG].

6. Jim J

Jim J Second Unit

What Street are you on Neil? The prices in town these days are totally crazy!

7. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I'm a real estate appraiser so its probably me driving 3mph and stopping [​IMG] Seriously, if a house is for sale, its probably the appraiser driving around, stopping and taking pictures of houses in the neighborhood. Or people scoping out the house for sale. Either one is no big deal.....you're safe [​IMG]

8. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>Or people scoping out the house for sale. Either one is no big deal.....you're safe
    >
    Hehe, yeah, I know. I just have too much time to sit and think up here [​IMG]. Either that, or I'll wind up like Bart in that one Simpsons episode where they purchased an above ground pool [​IMG].