What's new

Dang, I missed Friends, Scrubs, and ER (1 Viewer)

Shawn.G

Second Unit
I play football, and our game was on Thursday unlike good ole Friday games. I forgot to set the VCR, so does anyone know any place online I can get these episodes? Thank you very much.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Phillip's right. Buy a TiVo. I unexpectedly had to work late tonight and yet all those shows were recorded because I has Season Passes set up for them.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
my TiVo owns me. Allthough it's a 1st gen philips DSR6000 and the optical output stopped working, that kind of PO's me.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Draw an NBC peacock on the corner of your screen and stare at it for 2 hours; you'll get the gist of what the shows were like :D (I still don't see how anyone can watch and enjoy a show with that crap!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just an FYI: The HTF doesn't condone the downloading of copyrighted material, so, please, post no links here online. If you can help Shawn, please do so offline via email/PM.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I just bought a TiVo last week (40hr series2, but I plan on upgrading it shortly). It was an open box at Circuit City and I snagged it for $100 (after $50 mail-in rebate). I haven't even had it a week and I'm already lovin' it.

Shawn, check your PM box.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
It was an open box at Circuit City and I snagged it for $100
Oh man, I'd love to find a deal like that. I added a second drive to my Series2 unit within a week of getting it and yet I'm still thinking of getting an additional box for my other television. It's a sickness.:b

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Oh man, I'd love to find a deal like that.
It was awesome! Truth be told, I didn't even walk into CC to buy a Tivo, I was looking at movies and happened to see it. I'd been thinking about Tivo but the prices were always too high for me, but this pushed me over the edge.

They were selling brand-new boxed units for $250. But because this was a floor model, they knocked $50 off. Since it didn't have a box I couldn't get the rebate, right? So they knocked the $50 rebate off also. Funny thing was, in the bag of accessories there was the cutout from the box that had the service code and UPC on it. Presto, another $50 by mail ;)

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I work 1pm to 10pm central time so I am never around to watch any primetime.

My DirecTivo takes care of me! :D

If you happen to be a DirecTV customer, they are selling the 35 hour Tivo Boxes for $99 bucks at Best Buy. Has dual Sat inputs so you can record 2 things at once, and there is no encoding of video, it simply copies the sat stream directly to the HDD, so when you watch it, it looks exactly as it came in, where as regular Tivo Boxes have quality settings like lo/med/hi that can affect the final quality of the show.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I just put an 80 gig drive in mine a couple weeks ago, it was a 35 hour with a 40 gig drive, so it's probably 70 hours now :D

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Is dropping an extra drive in a Series 2 TiVo easy? I know the Series 1 is a snap, with an extra drive bay. Do Series 2 TiVos also need extra cooling? I'm getting the itch to upgrade!

BTW Shawn, getting a TiVo is the answer to all of life's problems. Not only will you never miss your favorite shows again, but your breath will be fresher, you'll get a good night's sleep, food will taste better, and babes will flock to you! ;)

But seriously...TiVo really is the way to go. I never give my shows a second thought. They are always there waiting for me when I want to watch them. It really is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I think it's way better than sliced bread!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I picked up a pre-blessed drive from Weaknees.com. Came with a custom designed bracket to accomodate both drives and excellent instructions. Took less than 15 minutes. As for extra cooling...mine runs cooler with the extra drive than it did before. And that's with no additional fan!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the only problem I had was the 80 gig maxtor drive went bad, about 2 weeks in the tivo kept rebooting about every 5 minutes. Ran some diagnostics on a drive and she was toast. I stuck with one large drive, as I understand it if one of the two fails you lose your data on both, so it really doubles your chance of failure.
Well, that and the quantum 40 gig I replaced sounded like a saber jet spooling up in the corner of my livingroom. I replaced it more for the noise than the capacity, though the new drive is MUCH faster!

Shawn.G

Second Unit
Thanks everyone for your help. Sorry if I caused any problems Patrick, I didn't mean to. Plus thanks for all the info on TiVo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks