1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Dancing with the Stars (merged)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Thi Them, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I missed it last week but was able to catch it last night. I enjoyed it but it doesn't do much to make you care who advances.

Holyfield looked like Frankenstein trying to dance.

Glad to see Kelly Monaco advance, as it allows me to see more of her.

Just by judging "J Peterman's" looks, I thought he would be the best dancer.

~T

2. DaveMcS

DaveMcS Second Unit

He looks the part and seemingly can "talk tht talk" too
    Did quite well on the floor!

3. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a more active thread about this mini-show (6 weeks) especially since it was the top rated show in the June 6-12 Nielsens. (A previous thread only garnered one response and quickly died.)

I caught the first episode and it grew on me as the performances got better and I got into the format. Quite athletic routines a some surprises from the non-dancing celebrities. And the judges are just kooky enough to lend an "American Idol" twist to the show.

I'm looking forward to the final two shows. While I'd love to see Kelly Monaco (former Playboy Model and current GH star) win, I think that Peterman from Seinfeld is also still in it to win it.

Comments?

4. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    I watched one episode...Worse piece of garbage on TV right now IMHO.

Worse than nails on a chalkboard.

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

6. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

RAF

I like the show. Just a shame Kelly had that wardrobe malfunction. I was just waitin for that outfit to slip. Think they could have cut the feed in time? Probably would have cost ABC a quarter mil. I think I'll go vote for her.

7. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

I saw bits and peices of it the last couple of episodes. It's not too bad.

8. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Was that a real wardrobe malfunction? It's good to see Kelly improving in the past two weeks. I've been a fan of hers since May of 1997; she can save my life at the beach anytime... [​IMG]

I'm disappointed that Joey's been getting low scores. He'll probably be eliminated next week.

I'm surprised how soon this show will end. I think due to the high ratings and how the show presents the celebrities in a good light, next season will contain better celebrities.

~T

10. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Word.

I've been strangely hooked on this show. Mostly because of Miss May '97.
    I've enjoyed watching all these different types of dances and I think it would be pretty cool to learn one day.

I telly ya, that was one wardrobe malfunction I was hoping to see. I replayed the dance in slow-mo to catch when it happened and if anything had slipped by. (pun intended [​IMG])

I'm rooting for Kelly, cause she's just smoking hot. I'm pretty sure J Petterman and the cute blonde dancer chick will win though.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think Charlotte is da bomb, she is amazingly graceful, and so precise. When John and Charlotte dance, they are the couple that gives me the goose bumps from their performance. Alec and Kelly have come a long way, but Alec is carrying the team, though Kelly is feisty and works hard.

12. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I think Peterman & Co, will win, but I'm rooting for Kelly's team.

13. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

The finale is on tonight.

Peterman deserves to win, but I think Kelly could end up winning it.

~T

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

O'Hurley and Charlotte should win, their last dance was fun to watch.

Kelly and Alec were on fire! That was like fiery combination of Latin dancing and gymnastics all rolled into 3 minutes of whirlwind dancing.

OMG! Three 10's for Kelly and Alec!

15. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, I guess you could say that was a minor upset given how Kelly and Alec brought it home in their final dance to snatch a close win from O'Hurley and Charlotte. Wow!

16. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Throughout this series, John O'Hurley came across as an egotistical jerk. When he lost, he didn't even go to congratulate Kelly....she had to come to him. What an ass! I'm glad he lost.

17. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I'm happy with the outcome. Of course, I take all this with a grain of salt. Obviously, the fans of General Hospital were more active voters than the fans of Seinfeld in this case. Also, I'm always a bit sceptical where human "judging" of events is concerned. The perfect "30" score in the final performance of the series to edge out two consecutive "27s" was quite dramatic. Something in the back of my mind reminds me that the ABC star beat out the independent star on an ABC series and I always tread lightly when viewing "reality" series (ever since the Rob and Amber plane "returned" to the gate on last season's Amazing Race.)

But the bottom line is that this was a most entertaining short summer series and despite the subjective nature of the voting the contestants put in some amazing performances over the six weeks of the series, so kudos to them. I'd watch another series based on what I saw.

18. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Actually, I felt like he was having the most fun. Unlike everyone else, he looks like he was having a good time up there dancing.

Can't argue with the outcome. Athleticism is going to trump all.

Jason

19. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

The judging did seem a little suspicious sometimes. It was a pretty fun show to watch though.

20. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

It was entertaining at times. I missed the finale last night, but I'm surprised to hear about the outcome and how it happened. That's pretty wild.