What's new

Dance of the Fearless Vampire Killers? (1 Viewer)

Paul T

Auditioning
Does anybody know whether The Fearless Vampire Killers (AKA Dance of the Vampires) has ever been released or will be released on DVD? This is one of my favourite films and it would be great if Roman Polanski did a commentary on it as he did say that it was the film he most enjoyed working on.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Hasn't been released - at least in Region 1 - and there's no rumor that it's to be released. A lot of people want this - whoever owns the rights, get with it.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV
[Edited last by alan halvorson on August 19, 2001 at 10:24 AM]

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
MGM have it, and could well do something really nice with it, given lots of their Midnite Madness titles are very good.

Paul T

Auditioning
Jeff, i checked out the link. I didn`t realise it was such a popular film. My brother and i are always quoting lines from it eg "Theeeres a doooor behiiind it".

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Paul,
Apparently not popular enough.
frown.gif
Did you happen to post your interest in the request thread? If not, please find the time to do so. We need all of the support we can get. Thanks! :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Jon Robertson,
FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS is one of many MGM films made prior to 1985-1986, so the title unfortunately belongs to Warner, rather than the current MGM Home Entertainment company. If the current MGM still owned it, we'd probably already have it as a Midnite Movies Collection DVD, and the request thread wouldn't be as necessary. More's the pity.
An important, general rule-of-thumb for all to remember:
If a film was made and/or distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer before 1985, it is a Warner DVD title now

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
The is a fun movie. Unfortunately, I've only seen it on pan'n'scan VHS. It'd be great if Warner would get on the ball and release it (in its OAR...hint hint!).
Link Removed

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Paul,
IMHO I would be very Supprised if "Fearless Vampire Killers" ever got to DVD. Why you ask? Has anyone given any thought to the fact that "Fearless Vampire Killers" starred Sharon Tate the late Mrs Roman Polanski?
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
IMHO I would be very Supprised if "Fearless Vampire Killers" ever got to DVD. Why you ask? Has anyone given any thought to the fact that "Fearless Vampire Killers" starred Sharon Tate the late Mrs Roman Polanski?
Why would this prevent its appearance on DVD?
I have the nice MGM widescreen LaserDisc of this film, and not only does it mention Sharon Tate's tragically short life on the jacket, but it also includes a short b&w promotional film called "All Eyes on Sharon Tate", which touts her as the next big thing.
The disc is apparently the "uncut" European version, but after the film it also includes the animated credits from the U.S. release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks