What's new

Dana Carvey - Master of Disguise (1 Viewer)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Yeah, we all remember how memorable Clean Slate was, huh? Scott Weinberg, I KNOW you like this one. ;)
The only funny thing that came out of the trailer was Carvey doing the Scarface impersonation. :)
Jason

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
HMM, maybe it's not for everyone. It's certainly not high comedy, but it put a smile on my face. Maybe the sight of Dana Carvey smirking just makes me laugh? I thought he looked just like Yertle the Turtle in that turtle outfit.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
yikes, that was pretty scary, I haven't posted up the direct link (19 meg) but I can if anyone wants it.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Well, I think it looks cute. It's clear they're spoofing alot of film genres, so something good might come out of it.
Any film with an intentional dig at Harry Potter couldn't be all bad.:)
At any rate, aside from the Wayne's World stuff, the only good flick Carvey has starred in was Opportunity Knocks, which hardly anybody knows about.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I'm almost certain that this is a Nickelodian movie. Certainly not a movie intended to please Carvey's typical audience.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The turtle and Scarface characters look funny.

I agree that Opportunity Knocks is the only good movie besides the Wayne's World movies that Dana Carvey has done.

~T

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Hey, hey, HEY!
It's Fat Albert! And he's got a ...

Oh, never mind.

This could be a pretty decent comedy flick, but I'm going to have to hear a couple of first-hand reviews before plunking down any money. Isn't the whole point of being in disguise to be less conspicuous? Well, I guess that's the whole comedy of the thing, him being so strange looking in his disguises that he sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't know...

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Even though I know I shouldn't be, I am actually looking forward to seeing this film. I'm even a little bit excited about it. Something about the trailer makes me laugh.

Of course, I'll be seeing it with a five year old and a seven year old, so I have an excuse. And to ward off charges that I am rotting the minds of minors, I'll have you know that the seven year old is now not only a huge Star Wars fan (last weekend he asked "Can we come over to Aaron and Vanessa's movie theatre and watch Star Wars again?"), but also a fan of The Adventures of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn. I'm trying to get him to watch The Sea Hawk, but black and white seems to be a bit of a stumbling block. Now that he's watched Robin Hood, though, he's excited to see more "swordfighting movies".

Anyhow, the way Carvey says, "How did you know it was me?" is really, really funny.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It mostly looks dreadful to me, but I will say the "turtle, turtle, turtle" bit cracks me up. Very funny stuff.

Also the bit where he tells the guy to shutup (in so many words). Funny as well.

But other parts look geared for a 5 year old, as well it may be. Hey, kids need to laugh too, so what do I care. But I'll need a decent review or two to get my butt in the theater.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im not a Carvey fan either, but Im a big Tooney Tunes fan and that Turtle imitaion is really great.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It is aimed at children, so the humor will be intentionally juvenile. They've been promoting the hell out of it on Nickelodeon and the like.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I tend to doubt anything marketed at children anymore as being "juvenille" anymore. In the recent past we've had some fairly odd promotional tie-ins like BK and Lost World (who's bright idea was that?) and some others which fail me at the moment.

I can't tell you how many kids were bawling at AtoC during the final arena hack-and-slash monster fest. PG? Oh yeah, whatever. The ratings board members get lots of special "gifts" when it comes close to rating time...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It looks funny so i'll check it out. Probably not in the theater though.
Besides, Jennifer Esposito = must see!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks