What's new

Dan Wiggins, Tumults big brother (1 Viewer)

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
"Hey guys, I was just wondering, is there any woofer out today that has MORE displacement than the Blueprint 1803 that I have? I know at the time I bought it, no single driver displaced more air that I knew of. I think that Resonant Engineering XXX 18" might have more displacement, but I am not sure."

Yes, the XXX 18 has more displacement (7.7L) vs. the 1803 (about 6L if I remember correctly?). The XXX also has XBL^2.

Brian

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
You would need alot of DPL12's to match the output of that 18"er though and that would cost alot of money.
Probably not. Since the Tumult weighs in at $499ea, it wouldn't surprise me if a similarily maxed out 18" version was $800+. Remember that Adire offers quantity pricing starting with 4 pcs, so buying a gaggle of DPL-12's isn't all that bad, IMO

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Plus, the reality is that for every 18 you sell, you sell dozens of 15s and 12s. Eighteen inch drivers are impressive looking, but VERY few people - who even say they are interested - are willing to pony up the money and actually buy the unit. They tend to just be plain too big and expensive.
As far as the mids with XBL^2, there will be some surprises coming in the next few months...;)
Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

michael-e

Agent
Eighteen inch drivers are impressive looking, but VERY few people - who even say they are interested - are willing to pony up the money and actually buy the unit. They tend to just be plain too big and expensive.
true
you get true PRO 18s,and u get HT 18s
the HT 18s are tiny boxed low resonance pieces with 87db/1watt
which i cant stand :-P
give me an eighteensound 18LW1400 tuned to 24hz anyday.
well actually those cost 500$ US , a labhorn will do
_mike
:D

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
I took a look at the adire website and they mentioned they were going to introduce at CES:

"Adire Audio will introduce several new products and technologies, including new home speakers, new drivers using Adire's patent-pending XBL2 motor technology, and a greatly expanded line of home audio electronics."

So they mention new drivers using XBL2. They mention new home speakers. They don't say new home drivers using XBL2 outright, but it is pretty easy to read between the lines.

I think it's a good idea, it would be nice to have an all XBL2 HTF setup

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Here are a few quotes from Dan about some new stuff coming out. No specifics if they are for car or home.
I'm off to CEDIA tomorrow, so you can all stew and wonder what it's all about. I promise to provide more details once I get back, early next week. Now to Indianapolis!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks