What's new

Dan Wiggins, Tumults big brother (1 Viewer)

Mike.D.K

Stunt Coordinator
Dan, when you were designing the Tumult,there was talk of maybe doing an 18inch for ported enclosures. Is there any chance that you may design the big brother to the tumult? I would love to have the 18inch version to replace my Blueprint 1803's.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I guess they aren't interested in making an 18" version of the Tumult when they can get more than enough performance out of the 15" Tumult. Dual 18" designs would be like having a pair of EAW BH822 bent bass-horns in your room. You would have trouble breathing with that much bass.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Sheeze guys, let them get one thing out and in use before they put the next one out. No one has even yet reported on the sound of their Tumult yet. I know they have a "tube" subwoofer for HT which should show at CES, so they have likely been busy. As for a dual 18" version being "too much," nonsense! Believe me, our BassTech7 pretty much leaves the BH822 wanting, and you likely need to be in the 4x18" range to get the "heart stopping bass" range which is usually only found in car audio, or where someone is using multiple BassTech7s. :cool:
The point of a big driver like the Tumult or an 18" variant would be to get LOWER, not just louder.

Mike.D.K

Stunt Coordinator
The tumult was designed for small enclosures. It was not designed with ported enclosures in mind. Give me an 18inch tumult designed for ported enclosures. Go ahead and put me down for 4 of them.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Dennis,

The issue is adequate porting for the Tumult. With it's small enclosure requirements, it would be pretty much impossible to port the enclosure and use the driver to it's fullest.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Im slapping mine in a 24" cube with dual 18" Stryke PR's tuned to 18hz.. i needed PR's cus adequate portage wouldn't have fit in that box..
Can't wait to hear it.. ;)

Jon Cheung

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if you guys were wondering, Adire Audio is coming out with a new sub in the spring called the apocalypse. A lot of people on caraudioforum.com think it's gonna be a brahma 18 just renamed, I definetly looking forward to what coming in spring. There is an 18 worth waiting for.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Well, if you guys were wondering, Adire Audio is coming out with a new sub in the spring called the apocalypse. A lot of people on caraudioforum.com think it's gonna be a brahma 18 just renamed, I definetly looking forward to what coming in spring. There is an 18 worth waiting for.
Linkage please?

Seth

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
Why wait for that when you can get one of these:
http://www.madisound.com/aurasound.html
Knowing what Aura's pro-sound 18 inch woofer is capable of, it will be nice to see what this more home-friendly version 18" woofer will be capable of. They are using that same wonderful neodymium motor. I will probably grab one of these in the next couple of months. If I put it in a 15 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 15 Hz, it will give me 118 dB @ 16Hz with 1500 watts. Not too shabby.
If you want an 18 inch Tumult, just get one of these:
http://respl.com/18.html
Gosh golly, that motor looks kind of familiar?! ;) The XXX series from Resonant Engineering has actually been around for awhile. It is available in 10,12,15, and 18 inch version using the same motor technology as the Tumult. Its specs are a little more suited for car audio unfortunately, and it has four one ohms coils. It gives you a lot of wiring possibilities.
Just my two cents. Happy Holidays!!

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
That triple X sure has a tough dustcap! Did anyone see that pic? lol
Now the "Apocalypse"... that sounds like a hella intimidating sub. :D

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Mike,
what don't you like about the BPD 1803? I have one now in a 10ft3 box and it shakes the house.. im adding a Tumult to the mix as a little bit of overkill ;)

Mike.D.K

Stunt Coordinator
Craig I have no complaints with the 1803's.Keep in mind I have two, each in their on 10ft3 enclosure. I have friends that would like to buy these. There's no way they are going anywhere without a good replacement. I am talking about a driver designed for home not car. Dan has quality drivers with bang for the buck. Can you imagine a big brother to the tumult? I would buy a couple and sell the 1803's to my friends. Until then I am very happy with the 1803's.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Gosh golly, that motor looks kind of familiar?! The XXX series from Resonant Engineering has actually been around for awhile. It is available in 10,12,15, and 18 inch version using the same motor technology as the Tumult.
What technology is that, XBL2? Many motors look similar.
A 36Hz Fs and .57 Qts are not really what I look for in a home sub.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Jack,

It was rumored that the XXX series of subs were XBL^2 powered. If this is the case one can only presume they are made at Destijl.

Seth

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
This maybe true in the end, but, NOW all in the same, it's rumor not fact!

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks