What's new

Damnation Alley coming from Anchor Bay.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to their website "Damnation Alley" is coming to dvd this year. My only concern is that I hope they add the scenes that were added to the version that aired on tv.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Is that the movie with the giant cockroaches??

If memory serves me right didn't it star Paul Winfield (RIP) and that good kid actor from the Bad News Bears Jackie Earle Haley and come out around 1977??

Wow!That would be really cool since I don't think I've seen it since then??. I was only 11 at the time

GregK

Screenwriter
I'm glad you mentioned the Sound 360 format Paul! Didn't that use a slightly different placement (at least as envisioned by the creators of Sound 360) of the four speakers when compared to standard 4-track theatrical presentations?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I remember how the ads played up the SOUND 360 element. As a kid, I was convinced it was the same thing as SenSurround, but I guess it wasn't..

GregK

Screenwriter
If I am remembering the Sound 360 format correctly, the idea was to have the center channel placed as usual, but the other three channels were designated as two on the sides of the theater and one in the rear of the theater, hence a 360 degree bubble of sound. Given this layout and it's compatibility issues with existing theaters, it is no surprise Sound 360's 1st and only use on a feature was Damnation Alley. If anyone has further details on this one time audio format, I would love to hear 'em.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Still no info on when the release date for this is going to be?

The TV scenes would be good as a supplement. They're the only scenes that still have Murray Hamilton uttering any dialogue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks