What's new

Damn, my Ixos cables pulled of my Component connectors! (1 Viewer)

Ted Ross

Second Unit
I just got my brand new Toshiba 36hfx71 replacement set & was switching the HD cables around & while pulling them off they took off the metal connector on 2 of my component inputs. They will go back in(seem to only be a friction fit-no solder) & the picture looks the same, but my Ixos cables were not on THAT tight. I remember somebody else complaining about this problem with Toshibas. Do I have anything to worry about?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Damn high grip cables! I was using a set of car audio cables on my former receiver. They have a higher grip than regular cables for the robust car audio applications. Anyway, they ended up damaging one of my audio out's to the point where only one speaker would work. If your TV is under warranty, I would get that looked at if it were my TV because I assume you only have one component in on the TV. If that goes then that's all she wrote right?

I don't use those cables anymore!

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Next time try twisting the plugs from side to side a little as you try to remove them, don't simply pull them straight out.
If the metal shell of the jack is now stuck to, and comes and goes with, the plug at the end of the cable, it may or may not make good contact with the inside of the TV when the plug is re-inserted. The metal shells are all grounds but you can still have grounding problems showing up mainly as a band of any width gradually moving across, or up, the screen.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Ted Ross

Second Unit
My set has 2 component inputs, but I am currently using 3 devices using component input(hd box, dvd & xbox)-fortunately I have a Yamaha receiver that has component switching. I just got the set as a replacement for my last Toshiba which sat at the shop for 7 weeks. I will have the loose ones fixed under warranty. I just hope it is an in-house repair & that it doesnt have to go to the shop(fingers are crossed)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks