What's new

Damn good flick you've probably never heard of: The Prime Gig (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I just got done watching the screener for a DVD entitled The Prime Gig. If you like movies like Glengarry Glen Ross, Traveller and Boiler Room, here's an overlooked and engrossing little movie. According to Amazon, the DVD is due for a Feb. 12th release, and while it's far from the most original or brilliant flick ever made, I'd highly recommend it. Why?
Well, first off there's the cast.
Vince Vaughn (OK, I'm a huge fan of Vaughn's, despite his affinity for choosing several poor projects.)
Ed Harris (The king.)
Julia Ormond (Looking like a French Julia Roberts, only with more curves.)
Wallace Shawn (Inconceivable!)
Stephen Tobolowsky (Ned RYERSON?)
George Wendt (NORM!)
Rory Cochrane (Slater from Dazed and Confused!)
Brian George (A hilarious Israeli character actor that you ALL know!)
While Boiler Room dealt with the wheelings and dealings of a phony securities outfit, this one centers around the seedy world of telemarketing scams.
I don't want to give anything away, but the performances are all rock-solid, the screenplay is compelling and smart, and the finalé is a doozy.
For some reason, New Line chose to jettison this one straight-to-video, although it seems that the movie played at several film festivals. I don't want to overhype, because it's hardly a classic, but if you see this one on the rental shelf, give it a spin and let me know what you think. (This invitation does not preclude those who may have already seen the flick.) :)
The Prime Gig - A small nugget of goodness hidden amid my wretched pile of DVD screeners!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm always looking for little gems...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks