What's new

DAMN close call last night with returned Xbox. (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
My Xbox has been getting worse and worse with the read errors. I think I got one of those bad ones on launch day that the Japanese were complaining about for putting scratches on the outer edge of the discs.

Mine did the exact same thing.

Anyhow, after 9 months of slowly degrading gameplay due to scratches, I took my Xbox back to EB and got the replacement unit.

So, there I am, enjoying my new 'Box, playing games that the older unit had too many read problems with, thinking to myself "ahhh, nice new fresh harddrive".

That's about when I freaked. A new hard drive!!! MORROWIND!!!! GONE!!!!!

Man, after playing countless hours, 100+ easy, of Morrowind, just to have it disappear, was heartbreaking.

My gf says to hurry and call EB. They were closing in about 20 minutes.

Well, my hats off to the boys at EB. I told them about my stupid mistake, asked it I could run up there, buy a memory card, swap out my old save files and call it a day. They said sure.

With the store gates half closed, they let me in. The one guy already had the new memory card in a controller hooked to my old Xbox which, was hooked up to the monitor hanging from the ceiling. After a few minutes we were able to save my last Morrowind save file since, the saves were too big to fit all of them on a card.

Unfortunately, I lost Halo since there wasn't enough room and, they sold me their last card!

The one guy told me that I was lucky because my old Box was already marked to be shipped out by UPS, 1st thing in the morning.

Anyhoo...any new potential Xbox buyers and, those of you that have had one for awhile and DO NOT HAVE any memory cards.

BUY ONE NOW!!!!!!

Don't make the stupid mistake I almost paid for!!!

...can you imagine trying to restart a game like Morrowind after countless "all nighters" and almost 3 months of gameplay!??!

Wouldn't have happened!

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I just took back mine as well, I managed to find a place that rents the memory cards here so I was okay to go for changing out the save games. Halo and Morrowind have fricken huge save files. 2 Halo saves per card...luckly I rented 2 cards.

Dean

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Halo and Morrowind have fricken huge save files.
When developers get "spoiled" by a harddrive, that's what you're going to get. I can't imagine they expected users to need to cart around Morrorwind saves on a memory card.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Gee, so that's why they invented memory cards. Imagine that, built in hard drives *don't* solve all your problems.

James St

Supporting Actor
Your luck is better then mine. The HD in mine crashed along with all my saves including Morrowind. I did't have an extended warranty so I had to buy a new one. I've replayed Halo on my new XBox but have yet to touch Morrowind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks