What's new

Dame Olivia de Havilland Has Passed Away At 104!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It is with profound sadness that I post about Dame Olivia de Havilland's passing at the age of 104! Olivia was one of the Golden Age Of Hollywood's last surviving members.

May Dame de Havilland Rest in Peace! :(

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
May she rest In peace.

She died in her sleep at age 104.

I mean, it's very sad, but it's not too sad, because that is an extraordinarily long life well-lived. Also, she went out the best way possible. If I got to pick how I eventually die, going to sleep and not waking up is the way I would like to go.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
May she rest In peace.

She died in her sleep at age 104.

I mean, it's very sad, but it's not too sad, because that is an extraordinarily long life well-lived. Also, she went out the best way possible. If I got to pick how I eventually die, going to sleep and not waking up is the way I would like to go.
Fleetwood Mac founding member Peter Green was also reported to have died in his sleep the other day, and I agree that is the best way to go.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
1595785582080.png

Rest In Pace, Fair Maiden

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was so shocked and sad when I saw the headline greeting me when I logged on to the internet this afternoon. I guess after such a long life, one begins to think she might outlive us all! A grand lady and a wonderful actress who left us with many memorable performances and handfuls of classic films. I, too, will watch The Heiress tonight.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
RIP. Just watched "To Each His Own" on Peacock. Will be revisiting "The Adventures of Robin Hood" and "The Snake Pit" soon.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'm sure she enjoyed knowing all her wonderful performances were being released in BDs and being rediscovered by younger audiences, as well as being re-appreciated by her adoring fans. Too bad that To Each His Own, her other Oscar-winning performance, was not afforded a BD release prior to her peaceful departure.
A wonderful life that has left us with many happy memories. May you continue your restful sleep.
Left to tell the tale of the Golden Age:
Norman Lloyd, born 1914
Marsha Hunt, born 1917

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sure she enjoyed knowing all her wonderful performances were being released in BDs and being rediscovered by younger audiences, as well as being re-appreciated by her adoring fans. Too bad that To Each His Own, her other Oscar-winning performance, was not afforded a BD release prior to her peaceful departure.
A wonderful life that has left us with many happy memories. May you continue your restful sleep.
Left to tell the tale of the Golden Age:
Norman Lloyd, born 1914
Marsha Hunt, born 1917
Tomorrow, I'm going to finally watch this movie again on the Peacock streaming service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks