What's new

Damages Season 5 (Final Season - Directv) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As bad as season 4 was, the season 5 premiere was light years better than any single episode from season 4.

I was kind of dreading watching it, but by the end I was wishing it wasn't over.

So Jenna Elfman didn't last very long, although I'm guessing we'll still see a lot of her in flashbacks.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I just started watching S4 but if I skipped it would I be missing any carry over to S5? The S4 case doesn't interest me like the first 3 cases did.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Jeremiah /t/322223/damages-season-5-final-season-directv#post_3948188
I just started watching S4 but if I skipped it would I be missing any carry over to S5? The S4 case doesn't interest me like the first 3 cases did.

The only thing that seemed to have carried over is some stuff with Patty and her son, at least based on what we've seen in the first episode. There might have been some character development stuff as well, but I don't remember.

In a nutshell (season 4 subplot):

Patty had been taking care of her granddaughter while the son disappeared for a while. I'm a little foggy on the details but there was a subplot where Patty looked for him (or hired someone?) and eventually he resurfaced and wanted custody of his kid. If I remember correctly, Patty's son is the one that drilled her in her car and took off.

The only carry over character besides the main players (at least so far) seems to be Chris. Oh, and Judd Hirsch seems to work for Patty now.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess I'm the only one watching this...

It's shaping up to be a pretty good final season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess I'm just talking to myself here...but hey...I guess one has reached the epitome of their social media life when one can talk to themselves on an internet messageboard and be okay with it.

I thought it was a great wrap up to the show, and a strong final season. Probably not the level of seasons 1 & 2, but it certainly made me forget a little bit about the drab that was season 4.

Kind of odd to have all of that build up to the trial, only to have Patty throw it all away merely to "test" Ellen.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I finally got around to finish watching this season. I was not sure whether to watch it or not, considering the lackluster season 4. But since I made it this far, I might as well stick with it to the end, just like I did with Weeds earlier.

The reveal of Ellen being "dead" was not much of a shocker, not the way it was in season 3 with Tom in the body bag, at the start of the season. But the way it happened in the final episode, was a bit surprising, but had me saying "really?"

I'd agree it was a strong final season, and how it all ended for the 2 main characters. I guess that means Patty won custody for Katherine, which turned out to be an empty victory for her.

Also, no mention of Scully getting caught, but I guess we have to assume he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks