What's new

Damages - season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by ScottH

One thing that still really puzzles me about this season is the Keith Carradine character. Why is he there? I can't imagine they bring in Keith Carradine to be an interior decorator and have no impact on the main story???

I see two possibilities (and they're not mutually exclusive). First, he's a new love interest for Patty; in his first scene, he tried to pick her up. Second, since he came as a referral from Wallace Shawn's white collor crook, it's a safe bet that there's something "off" about him.

Pure speculation: Maybe he'll turn out to be someone else who lost money with Tobin. There are plenty of them, after all.

Frobisher is supposed to resurface shortly, which should be interesting.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon John

Wow, Ellen is turning into her own version of Patty.
She always was. That's why they can't seem to stay away from each other. It's funny because Patty only hired Ellen to get to her future sister-in-law. She (Patty) also ended up with a lot more than she bargained for.

While the new associate looks like lamb to the slaughter/in the lions' den/whatever (take yer pick), anyone else thinks that she may surprise us yet?

I much much prefer this season to the second one, but they're all exceptional TV.

--
H

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, it's now all about how much Ellen can influence Jacob.. er.. whoever his name is in this show ;)

Good ep this week.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm loving how Patty and Ellen are using Alex as a pawn in their mental tug of war. It would be nice to see her catch on and what her reaction will be, though it may not continue now that they've teamed up.

Martin Short is turning out to be a very inspired bit of casting. Interesting new angle with him in the most recent episode, but my favorite moment so far was when he was staring at himself on the store TV screens a few weeks back. Aside from playing with expectations, that little scene said a lot about what type of person his character is.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I just caught up on all the episodes. I am loving this season so far, and very intrigued to see what really happened to Tom. Now we know it was not the person at the door, when he opened it.

I wonder how Frobisher is going to fit into all this.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C

I just caught up on all the episodes. I am loving this season so far, and very intrigued to see what really happened to Tom. Now we know it was not the person at the door, when he opened it.

I wonder how Frobisher is going to fit into all this.
I'm guessing Tom went behind Patty's back to try and recover some of the money he lost...which leads to his eventual demise (would Patty try to have him killed if she found out? I don't think so).

As for Frobisher, I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if they just brought him back to keep him in the viewer's mind as perhaps a permanent fixture on the show from now on. I'm more curious as to how Keith Carradine plays into all of it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They sure know how to ratchet up the tension.. so now we know a bit more about where the money might be, but I'm also with the above.. how does Keith Carradine fit in? And what is in her walls? :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Intense episode tonight.

I was hoping like crazy that they wouldn't off Tessa. That absolutely solidified the Tobins as my most hated villains in anything I've watched in quite some time. I'm still fuming. Can't wait for the remaining two episodes and hopefully some major comeuppance for them.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
HOLY MOLY...

Yes, it goes season by season, and it's like a jigsaw puzzle, but crap when the pieces fall into place is it intense! "3 ... DAYS ... LATER"

Martin Short is turning in one hell of a performance, he absolutely owns that role.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Right up until tonight's episode, I kept wondering about Short's Leonard Winstone character. Every couple of years or so, there's a revelation about some lawyer who's managed to practice for years without getting admitted to practice, or passing the bar exam, or (occasionally) going to law school. I was wondering just how much of a fake Winstone would turn out to be. And now we know.

I love how he keeps insisting to his old man that the Tobins aren't a mark and his relationship isn't a con. What else could it be?

I'll put the following prediction in spoiler protection, even though I'm just guessing:

If Joe Tobin is acting true to form, he must be looking for a way to eliminate Winstone. If not, he's an even bigger idiot than he's already shown himself to be, since Winstone is more of a threat to the Antigua money than Tessa Marchetti was.

Obviously, all my predictions about Keith Carradine were wrong. It appears that he's there to remind Patty of someone in her past.

Are we going to see Wes again?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Great episode. I guess it's pretty evident that Carradine is a figment of Patty's imagination (which I started thinking a few episodes ago). I'm thinking it's her father.

To answer one of your questions...
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben

Are we going to see Wes again?

According to the previews, yes.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
So far, a great season, and look forward to the season finale.

I wonder how it's doing in the ratings. Will we see a Season 4?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought I remember hearing during the first season that there was a six season plan, and Glenn Close was signed on for that long. Of course I guess that doesn't mean the show will last that long. Hopefully it does. This season has been strong, almost as good as the first.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Well, I don't know about 6 but they clearly have plans for 4 with Frobisher being the bad guy again? I can only assume all this Frobisher stuff is set up for next season.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
If there is a next season. There are hints that FX is trying to arrange a joint carriage arrangement, a la Friday Night Lights. If there are no takers this expensive show might be canceled.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Annnnnnd so much for Frobisher being around next season! This episode cleared up all loose ends so if it was a series finale then so be it. Fun while it lasted.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I wouldn't count Frobisher out just yet.

Pretty good finale, although a bit rushed (like all the 'Damages' finales have been). Pretty interesting that the body jumping off the bridge was Mama Tobin.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I enjoyed the finale, and how the pieces ended up fitting together. Definitely some surprises, some which I did not see coming.

Originally Posted by ScottH

Pretty interesting that the body jumping off the bridge was Mama Tobin.
And that would be one of them, as I just assumed it was Tom, since we kept hearing about him died by drowning.

Also, as soon as Michael appeared behind Ellen in Patty's apartment, I had a feeling it would be him crashing the car into Patty's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks