What's new

Damages season 2 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pretty good set up episode, but not quite as good as the way season one started.

I hope they're going somewhere with Frobisher. Almost seemed like they were just trying to find a way to give Ted Danson more screen time.

I was caught off guard by the ending.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I liked the ending, but as I thought about it afterwards, I realized it could mean almost anything.

Maybe the gun was loaded with blanks, or she intentionally missed. Whoever it is, she's obviously messing with them; a phony execution would fit right in. In this show, "I lied too" could refer to anything.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The change in cinematography between last season and this season opener was jarring due to all the flashbacks, but the 6 month later footage looks like a return to season 1 footage. Glenn Close had some work done to rejuvenate her face for this season as well.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Was there really a big difference? I'll take your word for it, because my FX reception is so poor that it all looks like it was photographed through the same dirty lens. If I thought I could avoid spoilers, I'd wait for a DVD or BD release.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I thought the second season got off to a great start. Lots of balls in the air already. It will be interesting to see how they juggle them all (and the two timelines - not to mention the left-over plot threads from last year) over the - 13? - episodes. William Hurt and Marcia Gay Harden are great additions to the cast. The short-form basic cable originals are attracting some major talent (see also The Closer, Saving Grace, Rescue Me and the late, lamented, The Sheild.)

I'm sure they are. He's still in the opening credits as a regular. I think they just needed to a) establish that he wasn't killed, b) that he's still part of the story if only because Ellen wants him dead, and c) where he is starting from this season.

So - does anybody not think that Patty set-up Arsinoe's daughter for that drug bust (and then didn't even bother to call the D.A.) in order to derail his political race and get him (and his money) for her foundation? That was vintage Patty Hewes. (Especially since she obviously lied to Regis about using her cut of the Frobisher settlement to provide most of the funding.)

Regards,

Joe

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Tell me about it. Why do I have FXHD if none of their original programming is in HD?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Thanks. You just made me feel a whole lot better about not having FX-HD available on my cable system.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
It is bad enough seeing (rarely "watching) the stretch and/or crop nonsense that airs on channels like TBS-HD, Sci-Fi "HD" and others.

Regards,

Joe

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I finally got to watching the premiere, and hopefully I'll get around to watching "Burn It, Shred It, I Don't Care" this weekend, which I recorded. Looks like another fun ride this season.

Sometimes, I feel the same way with the Tom character.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...I'll admit I didn't see that ending coming. Wow. I totally suspected there was something going on with the William Hurt character...but not quite that. And I didn't expect the reveal to happen that quickly. While this show sometimes does seem to try a little too hard to "shock", more often than not it succeeds.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
At first I thought the old guy acted alone in trying to have Ellen killed, but then I figured I was likely misreading the scene and he was just warning the guy with "She can never know!" because of how Patty isn't one for loose ends that can come back and bite her. I do wonder why he'd care so much about the would-be killer though.

Interesting to see Wes meeting with the guy who killed Ellen's fiance.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Darrell Hammond has really taken on a dark role. Threw me at first, similar to viewing Wilford Brimley play a hitter in The Firm.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've been wondering how they were going to tie Frobisher into the present storyline, and now we know. Verrrrry interesting.

So, am I the only one who is really likes seeing Marcia Gay Harden slut it up? ;)

Regards,

Joe

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
You know, I had no idea that was him until I read your post, but now I know exactly who you're talking about. What's funny is I kept thinking he looked like a disturbing, fatter Al Gore. Didn't Hammond used to play Gore in SNL?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Gore, right. In that vein, Hammond's character is somewhat following ecological imperatives: limit population growth.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

John Watson

Screenwriter
Glad I found this series. But am only just catching it halfway into the second season.

Any idea whether it is going to have an ending this year, or will it go on and on like Sopranos?

(I'm debating whether to buy a DVD of Season 1)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
If I were you, I would stop watching immediately before doing any further damage and just start watching from season one. While season two technically started a new case, there are tons of references and story arcs still going on that tie to the first season. Plus, I think the first season was better.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this show holds the record for the number of "And" credits with 4 of them in the opening credit sequence.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i've only watched the first few eps. want to keep the surprises coming, so i'll catchup on the rest of the thread when i have gone through it all, but the dude from deadwood is psychotic with all the guns in the cabinet! =P

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just caught to even the most recent ep. it's got potential to be the best season =D. the fact that we immoral people EVERYWHERE and .gov is incredibly corrupt. is there ONE DECENT person here lol. it's great stuff.

i KNEW the wife-bit from the FBI guy was gonna be somn. it can't just be a throwaway line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks