Dallas, TX -- Calibration Tour w/ Michael TLV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christian_S, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Christian_S

Christian_S Auditioning

Anyone in Dallas area interested in getting your set calibrated by Michael TLV? I am putting together a weekend tour for his services. There is no doubt that he is one of the best and most respected. We are shooting for some time in November. Let me know if you want in, first come first serve. He will probably be able to do up to 6 calibrations.

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I'd like it. One thing though, I have a Mits VS-50801 and attempted to have it ISF calibrated once before. Unfortunately that guy couldn't figure out how to get some settings changed, and thus didn't end up doing anything. If Michael is reasonably sure he can adjust my geometry and grey scale then I'm in. Also disabling SVM might be nice if he can do that (but not required).
    If you or he could e-mail me more info on what he can or can't do, I'd appreciate it.
    [email protected]

3. Christian_S

Christian_S Auditioning

I have no doubt he can do all that you mentioned. He is one of the Top Calibrationists in North America and even better is very reasonable with his prices. Ask around the forum, I am sure someone has experienced his work that can give you feedback.

4. errol

errol Stunt Coordinator

Hi Keith,
    Michael TLV is one of the best in the industry. Read more about him here .
    Thanks,
    Errol
    ------------------
    Keohi HDTV
    Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Christian, any idea when we'll get price info? Even if he should have trouble with this unit and the grey scale, I still need the geometry done real badly, among other things. I'd love to see this thing at its best.
    I've taken a look at the links provided, and I see there are issues with Mitsubishis. Mine being 3 years old may have certain settings locked. But mine is also not an HDTV, so this could affect some of that. I'll send him an e-mail and see what he recommends.
    [Edited last by Keith Mickunas on September 14, 2001 at 06:30 PM]

6. Christian_S

Christian_S Auditioning