What's new

Dallas: The Early Years (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
It's disappointing this wonderful prequel TV movie wasn't included as a bonus on the new season 9 set of Dallas. This seemed like the most obvious time to release it since the movie originally aired near the end of the 9th season. Of course, I wasn't really expecting WB to be generous enough to include it as a bonus feature compared to the meager bonus content on previous releases (because this would have been one hell of a bonus!), but it's still frustrating that we must continue to wait longer for this and the other 2 reunion movies.

I haven't seen "Dallas: The Early Years" in well... years. It would have been so ideal to view it in the middle of watching season 9 on DVD, just as people saw it back in 1986. :frowning:

I guess we must continue to wait for a seperate release of the tv movies on DVD, presumably after the remaining seasons are released. WB did something similar with the 2 Dukes of Hazzard tv movies recently, so I guess there's still hope. Has WB or anyone else in-the-know made any recent comments regarding plans for these movies?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm guessing this will be put on a disc set with the 2 reunions, once the series proper is done.

But from a business standpoint, there are enough people who would skip the Dream Season, its not having any effect on the overall continuity of the series, to have wanted to put this in as an enticement. I've been wanting to see it for years and was disappointed that SoapNet didn't show it.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I also think it'll end up on a separate little set with all 3 movies. And the "dream season" is actually kinda good!

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Does Warner own the rights to the Early Years movie and the 2 reunion movies?? Anyone know for sure?
I noticed that they never air any of these on Soapnet but occasionally have found them airing on the old TNN station but it's been a few years since that even.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Warner owns everything connected with Dallas including the films; Lorimar had been folded into WBTV by the time the reunions came around, so they produced them themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks