What's new

Dallas Season 3 (1 Viewer)

billGR

Agent
i just bought dallas season 1 dvd set the other day at my local walmart. i see dallas season 2 is 2 side disks that means be careful not to make marks etc on the disks. i hope the rest of the dallas tv serie dvd sets are 1 side dvds only time will tell. thanks bill :)

Lori

Auditioning
Dallas, SEASON 4 was just announced tonight by TSoDVD.com. Street release date is January 2006, if the plans currently stay in place.:)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This is great news; I'm glad we didn't have a long turn-around time between seasons. I hate those that take a year between seasons to be released. In Dallas' case, it would have meant a good 13 years to get the whole series. Let's hope Dynasty 2 is announced soon as well. And that they all sell well, so we can have more and more... ;)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Season Four (S.3 to Dallas purists :)) came out January 24th, 2006. Got mine on that date. Nice-looking set....slimmer and more streamlined than the previous two Dallas sets.

The set contains four double-sided discs (overlapping design in a smaller fold-out Digipak case), with an impressive-looking underlying image beneath the two panels used to hold the four DVDs -- there's an image of a "smoking gun" underneath the discs.

Unlike S.3, no booklet for S.4. And the slimmer packaging reduces the amount of room for episode info...so no detailed (or even non-detailed) ep. descriptions can be found on the box innards. The ep. titles for each show and airdates are there though.

And the 2004 "Dallas Reunion" special is included (Side B of Disc 4).

Haven't been able to watch any of the eps. as yet -- but if they're like the prior seasons on DVD, they should look very nice. I'll be watching some soon.

I just love the humorous blurb on the back of the outer box here too -- "Who shot J.R.? One of the men he cheated in business? One of the women he cheated in love? Or is the culprit closer to home: a member of the big, unhappy Ewing family who figured to reduce the weasel population of Texas by one?" :laugh: Lovin' it! :laugh:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Watch out, David VP...there are some Texans here :D KIDDING! Are you the same "David VP" that's the "Bewitched" fanatic? If so, that's enough to qualify you for "honorary Texan" status :laugh:

Speaking of Dallas S4, mine's on the way. Should be here (in the real Dallas) later this week. I'm still working on S3 (really S2 like you said). Do most here think that the entire series will get released? How many seasons? 14?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Aw, phooey. Good old Suncoast Video didn't have a single copy yesterday and they're like huh? Whutz Dalluz? Whatevah...Still looking forward to it TODAY at a BETTER store HAHHAAAHAHA

And my vote is for about 3 seasons per year for Dallas (and all the other prime time soaps). That seems reasonable and fair.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

I checked a goodly number of the 23 Season-Four Dallas eps., and the trend was toward a run time of about 48:50 per show. This sounds just about right for "uncut/unedited" meat-of-the-episode content on the DVDs, in that a small portion at the end of each originally-aired episode has been cut out (the "Coming Next Week" trailers/clips are missing). The pre-opening-titles "Previews" are all included however (just like the first 2 boxed sets). I don't think there's anything missing from the actual "body" of the episodes though, which is the most important thing to have "intact", IMO.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I agree with David's comments above. At any case, I don't notice anything missing from the eps I've watched so far. I also haven't read any complaints about missing scenes, etc. As for the other content, really, I'd rather see the "coming next weeks" than the teasers at the beginning of each ep. Dallas fans: did Dallas ever get into the habit of doing "last time on Dallas" clips in place of teasers? (ala Dynasty).

I finally found my season 4! And pttttt to you, Suncoast Video. I went out and found a zillion copies flying off the shelves at BestBuy. And BestBuy's release has a "Who Shot JR" t-shirt included on the box. Well, how fun is that?

I checked through a couple eps; for the most part, the eps are a hair clearer and nicer-looking than the previous two boxes. It's not the fault of the dvd producers. In Dallas' case, I assume that Lorimar just didn't take all that good care of the original prints and/or film elements and sadly, the show has disintegrated somewhat over 25 years. Contrast 1981's Dallas to some pristine prints of shows we've gotten from the 60s and even the 50s...Dallas ain't looking so hot. Also contrast it to the Dynasty release from the same year and Dynasty is still brand-spankin' sparklin' new, like a diamond. I do wish they'd been more conscientous of Dallas' fate back in the day. Either that or attempt some kind of restoration on this show because I'd hate to deprive future generations of the fun of watching it.

Ah well. This isn't really a complaint. Dallas is what it is; the dvd transfer and the film degradation is what it is. It is still within acceptable boundaries and I'm now waiting for season "five."

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If they restore it, I'd gladly buy it again in Blu-Ray. A few episodes have fleshtones so orange, they should have replaced the Dallas theme song with "Oompa Loompa Doompa De Doo".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks