What's new

Dallas Season 3 (1 Viewer)

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott

I think Maggie Evans on Dark Shadows could give Pam a run for her money! She seems to begin every sentence she speaks with "I don't understand!" Actually, a lot of the characters on DS seem perpetually confused. It's both hilarious and maddening!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

They were probably confused as to why they were still on the air in 1971 after five seasons of the sets falling down around them while on camera. :D

I used to run home from school to see "DS" every day. Loved it. It's one of those "I can't believe I liked this show" type of dealies! For me it's that way at any rate. I can't imagine wasting hard-earned (or even easily-earned) greenbacks on that awful show. *

* = Proverbial "YMMV" insignia goes here ----> ______ .

:) :)

---------------

Just thought of a way to segue this post into a "Dallas" reference --- Actor Dennis Patrick. (He played "Vaughn Leland" in "Dallas" and had multiple parts in "Dark Shadows" and one of the DS movies too.)

I'm not so keen on them coming out too quickly. My wallet needs a break.

Somebody mentioned the Star Trek sets. I'm a big Trek fan, and they all came out within the space of a year. But look at the price! Unless you are independently wealthy, who can afford them? Quite often (at least here in Australia), two series (e.g. Voyager and the Original) would come out on the same day. I know I don't have to buy them as they come out, but before you know it, you are 14 sets behind or $1400 in debt.

I like a little bit of a pace between sets. The Simpsons are a great example - one a year (2004 excepted), and quality sets every time. Plus, you have a year to save up for the next one!

Having said all that, I got the first two seasons of Dallas as free review discs for DVDbits.com :D

As I said above - I know I don't have to buy them as they come out, but before you know it, you are 14 sets behind or $1400 in debt.

However, what would be the point of wanting them out quicker unless you are going to buy them as soon as they hit the shelves? :)

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Haden, thanks for the alert. I too would call this a "glimmer" as opposed to formal news.

Nikie

Grip
I hope they do release them soon. I'm so excited to get them. I can't wait!! I didn't buy them as soon as they hit the shelves this time but probably will this time. When they do come out.

Haden

Supporting Actor

Um... I think you need to read this thread again. No release of additional seasons has been confirmed yet.

Nikie

Grip
Uh darlin,

I been reading on Ultimate Dallas and they confirm everything, also, if you read over there, they did make a confirmation there for the next season release in August.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

I think Dallas sold very well. Someone at another board said they saw Dallas on a list of DVDs that sold well last year, hopefully that's true.

Nikie

Grip
Dallas sold all right, just not as much as WB wanted them too. Hopefully more people will buy these upcoming seasons!!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Which season has the ep. with J.R. dryly commenting at episode's end ..... "I just wanna know one thing -- WHY was Digger Barnes in my office, sleeping on my couch?!" :)

I'll bet Nikie knows. :)
Maybe I've already got it in the S.1/S.2 set. Haven't watched all 29 episodic Ewing adventures as yet. :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Nikie.

Have you heard of the annual get-togethers in October at "Fansource" in LA? It's an organization of several movie & TV stars, including Linda Grey. I'm going for the 1st time this year, mainly for Lindsay Wagner's fan reception, since I'm a big fan of the 70's "bionic" series, and Lindsay.

If you can't make it out there this time, I'll get you a signed autograph of Linda Grey if you don't already have one, that is :) Just from one Dallas fan to another. Since I live in Dallas, it's the least I can do for a Dallas fan fanatic like you :)

Here's another trivia question for you:

What season and episode did Sue Ellen say this line to JR at the pool? "Cold drink for you, my darlin'?"

She sure had a way with those lines, right? :emoji_thumbsup:

- Jeff Willis

Nikie

Grip
Thanks Jeff, I have one of Linda and Larry they signed but I have never saw her in person. Did you know that Lindsay is Linda's real life niece. I would love another one. Since I'm such a big fan of hers and Larry!! I have heard of it. Some girls wanna to go out there and see her but I'm in school then and can't go.:frowning:

Trivia question:
Season 1, not counting the mini-series as a season.
Reunion Part 1, she just got Jock to take JR to the cattle something.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
J.R.: "Are you gonna punch me out?"

BOBBY: "No, J.R."

J.R.: "Good ... because it's almost dinner time, and I don't think mama would appreciate me showin' up at the dinner table with a split lip."

:)

(So many great lines; so much animosity; so many sleazy tramps to commit adultery with; so much bourbon-&-branch to sip!) :D

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Nikie,

That was a fast reply! You all are quick up there in Arkansas :) (watch out for stormy weather heading your way this eve...it just went thru Dallas this eve).

I remember reading that a while back about Lindsay and Linda being related.

Trivia Answer: Yep, Sue Ellen had "cornered" JR into going with Jock to the Cattle Auction in Ft Worth.

- Jeff W.

Nikie

Grip
Thank you Jeff, I have been watching the DVD a lot lately. I'm a little sadden about the DVD not coming out so fast as I was hoping. But, I guess we get what we get. I hope it don't storm too much, I hate the bad weather, it kinda scares me.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Nikie,

You're welcome. I'm also waiting for that 3rd season DVD release! I'm a little surprised to hear that WB said the 1st release didn't sell as much as they had anticipated. It surprises me beause of the huge fan base and following that the Dallas series had when it aired. BTW, I'm really surprised that someone in your age group likes it as much as me :) That's really neat for me to discover that "Dallas" has such a wide age group of fans :emoji_thumbsup:

- Jeff W (uh....an "older" fan for sure ;) . I'll just say that I remember watching the "Who Shot JR" show with a friend. That show was so BIG in town here that I remember all of the Bank and Highway signs were flashing the answer to the big question later that night :) We had to close our eyes on the way home since I had taped it earlier that evening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks