What's new

Dallas on blu ray?? (1 Viewer)

ZeppelinDude93

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen
That would be total sacrilege. I never understood all of the majors releasing DVD versions of shows more recent than Dallas on DVD only when their masters were in HD. Archer immediately comes to mind. Another Fox f$%@ up.

The proliferation of classic TV on DVD caused all of the studios to get sloppy, releasing any old masters simply to dump them on the market - no care and no quality. I can't watch LA Law on DVD. It's a travesty. Dynasty doesn't look so bad, but, for a show as iconic as this - with all those great Nolan Miller gowns - Blu-ray is definitely the way to go.

I sure wish someone would fix Ally McBeal on Blu-ray - and Remington Steele too.

Paramount did the best work here. Kudos on their Mission Impossible and MacGyver completes on Blu.

Now, it's time for Dynasty/Dynasty II: The Colbys, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, Cheers, and, Hawaii 5-0 original series. They also need to do a complete remaster on Frasier. Those discs are an atrocity!!!

Warner has soooooo much great TV that deserves better. The Thorn Birds, North and South, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing, The Dukes of Hazzard, Perfect Strangers. Will I see any of these in my lifetime? I do hope so. Having been ill now for 4 months and not getting better, I spend my days soaking up a lot of classic TV memories. Would like to revisit these before I go.
I heard Cheers got a pretty solid remaster for one of the streaming services, but I was never huge into it, so I never sought it out.

Happy Days only got releases for the first 6 seasons if I remember correctly, most of which have a lot of music edits (which is a shame for such a classic piece of TV). You would think that far out, the licensing rights to some of those 50s songs wouldn't be prohibitive anymore, but it's a big question mark as to whether we ever see that show released as it aired, let alone in HD.

Frasier is one that totally deserves an HD upgrade (I agree, those DVDs leave a lot to be desired) - the last I saw, the reboot was still happening for Paramount+, so I'm hoping that's the impetus to get this one done.

(My "never gonna happen, but a guy can dream" HD remaster? Coach. Honestly, I was surprised and grateful the whole show got released on DVD, but I'm considering taking a pass at it myself with an AI scaler)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Perfect Strangers seasons 3 through 8 were Warner MOD. I was ecstatic when they finally came after 10 years between the release of Season 1 and 2. Now I am just hoping Warner will release the 5th Season of Head of the Class and the last season 2 and 3 of Mayberry RFD on Physical media at all. As for Dukes of Hazzard, I would say that is the least likely Candidate for a HD release

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
From what I've read,

Warner has remastered all 14 seasons and that seasons 10 -14 in HD will look like seasons 1 - 9 in HD.

Warner will make the 14 HD seasons available via streaming on HBO Max, and each HD season should also be available to purchase globally on Amazon.

Warner plans to release the complete series on Blu-ray.

The HD episodes will be available in their original 4:3 aspect ratio.

Wow!!! I will buy Dallas on Blu-Ray in second one!!!!!

I’ll try not to get my hopes up unless it gets confirmed. Poor Knots Landing S1 & S2 just sitting on my shelf looks sad, Id gladly upgrade to BLU for those esp if they can release more seasons.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Poor Falcon Crest too. Another great prime time soap that needs a proper HD Blu-ray complete series release.

PS - I don't know if you could consider St. Elsewhere a 'soap' in the classic sense, although it did deal with ensemble problems, trials and tribulations, albeit, in a medical setting. But I'd be hot for that on Blu too!

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
By the way, can some US company pick up the tab for a complete Murder, She Wrote Blu-ray box set. I bought the first 6 season Blu-ray pack from Elephant films in France. Stunning transfers. But the credits and titles are all in French. Honestly, they ought to have included the English originals too. But seriously, another iconic eighties TV show given no love at all in North America. What a crock! Universal...are you listening?!?!?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
By the way, can some US company pick up the tab for a complete Murder, She Wrote Blu-ray box set. I bought the first 6 season Blu-ray pack from Elephant films in France. Stunning transfers. But the credits and titles are all in French. Honestly, they ought to have included the English originals too. But seriously, another iconic eighties TV show given no love at all in North America. What a crock! Universal...are you listening?!?!?
The first six season are also available in HD on Amazon Prime. I wonder if all seasons have even been transferred to HD?

stn223

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
HD clip from the remastered classic episode "A House Divided" looks fantastic, unlike the ghastly and darkish appearance of the episode on DVD... Also these HD clips have a rather low bit rate so the actual HD episodes will look even better as they'll have a much higher bit rate.

Last edited:

stn223

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Where are these HD clips coming from?

The HD clips are from a guy who is in contact with someone at Warner regarding DALLAS in HD. He runs https://www.facebook.com/dallastvshow/ , https://twitter.com/DallasFanzine and also https://www.youtube.com/user/DALLAS70/videos

In his facebook DALLAS page, he sometimes replies to questions as 'Dallas Fanzine', e.g.

where can i see this in HD
Dallas Fanzine
Should be streaming in the US soon.

Any idea about the UK?
Dallas Fanzine
Hopefully on Amazon.

Any release date, on Blu Ray!?
Dallas Fanzine
When we know you will.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The HD clips are from a guy who is in contact with someone at Warner regarding DALLAS in HD. He runs https://www.facebook.com/dallastvshow/ , https://twitter.com/DallasFanzine and also https://www.youtube.com/user/DALLAS70/videos

In his facebook DALLAS page, he sometimes replies to questions as 'Dallas Fanzine', e.g.

where can i see this in HD
Dallas Fanzine
Should be streaming in the US soon.

Any idea about the UK?
Dallas Fanzine
Hopefully on Amazon.

Any release date, on Blu Ray!?
Dallas Fanzine
When we know you will.
The thing is that usually the studio requires all it employees to not leak information about upcoming projects until official announcements are made and yet here we have an actual insider freely providing all this material. Interesting development.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
If they are still or recently completed HD versions of the series… crazy they have been or are already available on streaming… or are those older masters

I hope they didn’t do all the work just for streaming. i want BluRays!!!!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
PS - I don't know if you could consider St. Elsewhere a 'soap' in the classic sense, although it did deal with ensemble problems, trials and tribulations, albeit, in a medical setting. But I'd be hot for that on Blu too!

I think it's more properly called a "serial drama," because some situations carry over to subsequent episodes, like its law enforcement sister Hill Street Blues.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Those single sided DVDs were not out very long at all!! They are very very hard to find IMO

The sets were selling at high prices when released and I got the S1&2 Set single sided but then waited for possible price drops and then they were OOP in no time.

I will only rebuy at this point if BLUs are released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks