What's new

Dallas KTXA UPN 21 - Now Showing HDNET!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
In case anyone in the Dallas area has not caught this yet. KTXA has taken up Mark Cuban and HDNET on their offer to re-broadcast HDNET on local OTA digital channels. KTXA is now showing HDNET shows with the exception of sports broadcasts and movies which HDNET or KTXA do not own the OTA rights to. I have been watching the broadcasts and I can only say THANK YOU MARK CUBAN!!! Since I have an intergrated Mits set I am able to get most of the HDNET shows without the hassle of a dish (read FREE!!). Woohoo!!!!!

I think that KTXA is the first if not only local station to re-broadcast HDNET.

Laters,
Jeff

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Heyas Steve -

Basically they are showing HDNet all the time unless:

There is a sports program or movie on HDNet that neither party has the OTA rights to

or

There is a UPN show or other show that they are under contract to air.

The audio delay problems have been greatly reduced now and here is a list of HD movies (1080i cropped to 16X9) that they will be showing:

Sunday 6/16/02 6-8pm The Presido
Sunday 7/7/02 8-10pm Top Secret
Sunday 8/11/02 8-10pm Men At Work

Laters,
Jeff

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Yeah they have really done a good job "tweaking" it since they started carrying it. They have bumped up the bandwidth and reduced all of the voice/image sync issues. Glad ya all are able to get it.

Laters,
Jeff

Jeff_E

Grip
Watched a show on Venice and a show on glass blowing lastnight. Pretty sweet pic.

It is amazing how I will watch just about anything if it is in HD.

What type of antennas are y'all using here in the metroplex?

I have been using an old set of rabbit ears in Frisco, but I would like to get something installed on the roof, any suggestions?

Paul W

Second Unit
I've been using a Terk TV42 dish clip on antenna. No real reception problems (except PBS - weak signal strength) and I live in The Colony.

Jeff_E

Grip
Paul,

Can you give me a list of all the channels you are able to get?

Is there an ABC demo channel? Thanks.

Martin Montes

Auditioning
How do I insert a PDF file here in the Forum? I have a detailed single page color file showing the channels and how to locate them. Both Home Theatre store and Marvin electronics are using this to help customers.

Martin Montes

Auditioning
How do I insert a PDF file here in the Forum? I have a detailed single page color file showing the channels and how to locate them. Most people have Adobe Acrobat and can display and print this color file.
I don't have a website to post it on, but probably can email to anyone who posts an address. I like the fact that it is easy to read, likely to sit next to your remote, and has all the Dallas/Denton/Ft. Worth viewing area info and even the individual channels (and resolutions) via DTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks