Dallas : How many seasons will W.B. Release??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

O.K. so everyone knows by now that Dallas Season 3 will be out in August. But my question is how many seasons does everyone out there think they will release? I personally hope that all of them eventually come out, but it's highly unlikely. I just want to be able to get rid of the 50 sum odd VHS tapes that I have from when it was on TNN.
    I heard that there may be a Dallas big screen movie in the works which would increase the chance of the series DVDs being released..

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    I think they will release all of the seasons, because there isn't any reason not to do so. The studios now have a fair amount of experience with the sales patterns for TV series. While in rare cases there may be a sharp fall-off from season one to season two (resulting in a cancellation of a DVD release), for a typical series all of the seasons sell about the same number of copies that season one sells. So if season one sells well enough to justify releasing season two, there is almost a 100% chance that all subsequent seasons will also be released. And if S1 sells badly, chances are the studio won't even take a chance on S2 at all. So shows tend to get either full releases or cancelled after a single DVD set is released, rather than being droppred four or five seasons into their release.

Regards,

Joe

3. Angela_K

Angela_K Stunt Coordinator

Angela
    I read they were going to release a season a year, if they did that it would take another 11 years to get all the seasons [​IMG]

4. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

They're gonna release all of them. End of story. [​IMG]

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I'm taking bets on which gets to the end first: Dallas or The Jeffersons [​IMG]

6. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Has anyone heard anything on a street date change for Dallas S3? I have it pre-ordered at amazon and i noticed today when checking my order the date has been bumped to September 8th, which is not even a tuesday so i dunno what's up. I have TJ Hooker in same order so if it has been delayed i will have to adjust this order. Any Info would be appreciated.. Thanks!

7. Ben King

Ben King Stunt Coordinator

Is there any word on how well season 3 has sold i.e. will future seasons be released with greater frequency instead of just once a year??

8. Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry Second Unit

As long as they get as far as the end of Season 8, I'll be happy. That "dream season" is quite a pet interest of mine.

9. Douglas M

Douglas M Extra

My biggest worry is how they handle the packaging of the Dream Season. Obviously this is a major spoiler for new fans of the show who have no clue what happens, but despite this, I really can't see WB resisting the chance to plaster "DREAM SEASON: The season that's all a DREAM!" all over the packaging and promo material. I really hope they don't but have little faith it won't happen. Though I do applaud them for holding back with the S3 set as much as they did, merely hinting, "The season that ends with a bang!"

BTW, I hate that they've changed the numbering of the seasons. Season TWO has always been the one where JR gets shot, but now we're expected to call it S3. So wrong.

10. Guest

Quote: dallas season 14 be jan 2011

11. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    There will only be the movies left and possibly the reunion show as well. I have all 13 seasons so far, but, i much prefer Dallas early on. The show kind of went down hill around the late 1980s. I had a crush on Vicky Principal in the 1980s along with Jacklyn Smith/Phoebe Cates/Betsy Russell.

I am hoping this means that Knots Landing can be re-started again. I have S1 and S2 of Knots Landing.

12. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Knots Landing's best hope is the MOD program. I'm sincerely hoping we get it through that.